Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: Former WebOS Users Discussion Thread

Need help, finally switched to the S3 from my wonderful Sprint Pre2 and very disappointed. I would like to have one program to access all my emails and one program to access all my calendars but I read android can't handle that. Webos did that easily and showed all the folders for each account. Anyone care to help?

And what's with all these ads? Should I have gone to iOS? Yuck

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

ANyone? That's what I thought...

I've had webos devices from the pre plus to pre 2 and pre3 still have my touchpad. Now I have a gs4 but i miss alot of what webos did.

The stock email app on the gs4 is ok. I imagine it is similar on the gs3.what I hate is that Gmail does not get push email in the stock app. Lame. Other than that it's fine. I use the Gmail app for Gmail and then stock app for all others. What are you looking for that the stock email app doesn't do? And what are you specifically looking for the calendar to do?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    ANyone? That's what I thought...
    Google controlling both the OS and gmail is not likely to allow all emails to be combined. Third party developers are still a possibility ....... maybe.

Sent from my HP Touchpad w/CM9 Tenderloin

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I've had webos devices from the pre plus to pre 2 and pre3 still have my touchpad. Now I have a gs4 but i miss alot of what webos did.

The stock email app on the gs4 is ok. I imagine it is similar on the gs3.what I hate is that Gmail does not get push email in the stock app. Lame. Other than that it's fine. I use the Gmail app for Gmail and then stock app for all others. What are you looking for that the stock email app doesn't do? And what are you specifically looking for the calendar to do?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the native email app can have all your email accounts in it and there is an option to show them all as one account,, as for calenders,, put them all in one folder on home screen

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.

Oops,, reply to this wrong comment, sorry.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

got my emails to work, guess it'll have to do.

but what about calendars? Anybody know how to set up yahoo calendars? I only seem to be able to setup yahoo email, but not calendars. I google and exchange setup.
    Thanked by:

K9 has a nice interface to combine email.
    Thanked by:

Been off my Pre for almost a year (after 3 years, the volume and power buttons were broken, the micro usb cable wouldn't seat properly... I charged with touchstone for nearly a year, and pieces of the case were falling away because of a few drops). I still miss my phone, I liked the size and shape and I LOVED the OS. It was great always knowing what apps I had running and I could page through them or swipe away. It really bothers me that android apps run in the background and you have little control over them. The control you do have entails going through application lists and force closing apps. With my pre, if I had my music app open then it would start playing over bluetooth when I got into my car. If I didn't have it open, silence. With android? Either way music starts playing when I hop into the car. I've had to go into bluetooth settings and disable media over bluetooth and enable it the times I want to listen. I also find it very annoying to have apps close that I wanted to come back to. Pre had it right with alerting you that memory was low and allowing you to decide which apps you could close.

which version of Android are you running?

Global Posts
    4,152 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    got my emails to work, guess it'll have to do.

but what about calendars? Anybody know how to set up yahoo calendars? I only seem to be able to setup yahoo email, but not calendars. I google and exchange setup.
    I have the Galaxy S4, I still missed my beloved Palm Prē and WebOS.

Anyway, the phone's email app could work with all your emails, I just don't use it that way.

The calendar app on this phone has all my calendars and works great. 👍😃

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    C-Note likes this.

hi all -

here's a recommendation for the webOS theme that applies to the Go Launcher EX. I put it on my Nex7, spent some time setting up my icons to display like webOS cards on the desktop, and recategorized folders in the app drawer. Now it resembles a baby Touchpad.

Good enough as all i use the tab for is playing Simpsons and Words/Hangin' with Friends anyway. I won't use it for the rest of the stuff.

I still really don't like how google's apps work at all. Two separate apps for gmail and other mail? Absolutely horrible 'hangouts' chat app that you must force-quit or miss texts while you're not online? Sure, JB 4.3 has some better gesture navigation thanks to webOS designers joining google, but it's still not true multi-tasking and still not nearly intuitive. After several months trying to get on board with Android, i still find the user experience completely frustrating. I'll stick with my Touchpad, thanks. And if ACL ever completes, such that I can play Android games within webOS on the TP, this Nex7 will promptly go on fleabay.

***EDIT*** 30 mins later...

how ironic i just read that the kit kat release today will include a hangouts update to combine sms and gchat. and some kind of improvements to the "recent apps" page to make it feel more like true multi-tasking. guess I'll have to update an' see.

seems they are working hard to catch up to what Palm had 4 years ago. keep at it, google. you're getting there.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,152 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I know how you feel...
    But I make do with multi window on my Galaxy S4, it's really great for multitasking. It only needs to work with all the apps! Not just a few!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12