Palm pre community is pathetic

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The poll putting the Incredible against the palm pre.

After a quick study I came to the conclusion that Palm is picking up roughly 50 votes per minute when the incredible is only picking up 10.

It is openly discussed on their forum that you can refresh the page and vote as many times as you like, and it appears highly likely that some members of their community have developed a bot to continuously vote.

I urge every member of our community to vote as many times as possible ;)

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Admittedly, if this is in fact happening, it clearly skews the vote. However, I think that shows what an enthusiastic community Palm has. Believe me, I know...I've been a part of it for 15 years!

Just my two cents...

ME

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It's just a poll. Plus no reason to complain because Incredible users did the same cheats to win android cup.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.precentral.net/palm-p...dible-starting-7-7-9am-est-5.html#post2543973

Rofl, guys do you honestly think people weren't doing this for our side? I wrote about how to cheat those polls a long time ago. Why do you think the pre always wins, in fact I found a site that tells you how to code a script you can host on your site, or code to write your own vb script that will throw off poll daddy polls.

In the end their phone platform is dieing. Their community is small, they are now owed by HP. It doesn't get much worse. They need an ego boost let em have it. lol

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I hated the pre, especially the physical keyboard. Maybe if you're a female with midget fingers you can type well with it.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's funny because these aren't true tests. I want the round robin to do this and they can vote on a device of the year.

Anyhow for giggles I voted four times last night for the inc. As I voted, the total for the droid went down and the pre went up 150 each time.....
Palm community has two devices really to enjoy.....BB has a few...
Android has tons.....

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's funny because these aren't true tests. I want the round robin to do this and they can vote on a device of the year.

Anyhow for giggles I voted four times last night for the inc. As I voted, the total for the droid went down and the pre went up 150 each time.....
Palm community has two devices really to enjoy.....BB has a few...
Android has tons.....

Who really cares. When people cheat and vote more then once the results mean nothing. They need a better poll where you can only vote once or make it so you have to signup and do captchas to vote, this would be more legit.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
the palm people need to understand that their platform is like almost dead and the big platforms are iOS and Android..I think ive only seen 5 or 6 palms in public lol

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
In the end their phone platform is dieing. Their community is small, they are now owed by HP. It doesn't get much worse. They need an ego boost let em have it. lol

It's funny, I have tried every phone platform except iPhone's on the actual iPhone (I use it on the Touch) and it really is a shame that Palm has gone so far from what worked for them from the very beginning.....simplicity. It should not be THAT difficult to enter info into the Calendar on that platform. Too many touches to get to what you need it to do.

I do have to disagree as far as the platform dying, I think HP just gave them a second life. It is going to be really interesting to see what they come up with. I do think HP taking them over was a good thing as it gave them money to play with. I also see that community growing when they release more devices. They crippled themselves by putting all their eggs in one big basket with Sprint, and they completely mishandled their initial release.

Right now it is so interesting looking at the various choices we are given as consumers, it's almost like what we had in the 80's with computers but with more choices.

Android is like Windows, they opened themselves the right way allowing the OS across multiple devices. They have done very well with amount of Apps available and it's getting better and better as the hardware continues to improve.....

Blackberry is a bit too conservative. I don't ever see them going away, they are primarily business devices first. The consumer market is their secondary, they will always have their following, but I think more consumers are getting sick of waiting.

iPhone is like a repeat of their history, and they may bite themselves again if they don't get their ducks in order with other carriers. Like Mac, they are limiting themselves which could affect their long term marketshare.

Palm like I said is going through a re-birth. I am guessing they will be around a long time, but I don't see them ever really being a major contender.

Windows.....I have to giggle here

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I do have to disagree as far as the platform dying, I think HP just gave them a second life. It is going to be really interesting to see what they come up with. I do think HP taking them over was a good thing as it gave them money to play with. I also see that community growing when they release more devices. They crippled themselves by putting all their eggs in one big basket with Sprint, and they completely mishandled their initial release.

**cut out some stuff here**

Palm like I said is going through a re-birth. I am guessing they will be around a long time, but I don't see them ever really being a major contender.

Windows.....I have to giggle here

I see and agree with a lot of your points. The reason I say the platform is dieing is HP made a statement something to the effect of, "We aren't getting into the phone market", when they were asked where they planned on taking Palm. I believe it is possibly about to be a tablet device of some sort, or simply acquiring some TM's and Copyrights which I find more probable.

Palm's death grasp was they didn't move fast enough. Look back in the PDA days they were the one to have back then. But when the whole PDA built into the phone thing happened I think they failed to move fast enough. Next in line will be Blackberry if they don't start moving and actually doing something. Corporations have "hip" people who work in their IT departments and the more they see iPhones and Android devices having additional enterprise capabilities and are reliable to it, and they start seeing it as a work/play device the more they will want to swap.

So good convo! I'm excited to see where everything goes over the next few years!

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I see and agree with a lot of your points. The reason I say the platform is dieing is HP made a statement something to the effect of, "We aren't getting into the phone market", when they were asked where they planned on taking Palm. I believe it is possibly about to be a tablet device of some sort, or simply acquiring some TM's and Copyrights which I find more probable.

Palm's death grasp was they didn't move fast enough. Look back in the PDA days they were the one to have back then. But when the whole PDA built into the phone thing happened I think they failed to move fast enough. Next in line will be Blackberry if they don't start moving and actually doing something. Corporations have "hip" people who work in their IT departments and the more they see iPhones and Android devices having additional enterprise capabilities and are reliable to it, and they start seeing it as a work/play device the more they will want to swap.

So good convo! I'm excited to see where everything goes over the next few years!

I love these chats, look at where cell phone technology was just 10 short years ago.....

HP corrected itself immediately on that statement. The Palm team is currently developing new device(s) as we speak. I also believe the Windows Tablet they were looking to release to compete with the iPad has also been scrapped as they are looking to use WebOS as it's platform.

Handspring invented the first Mainstream smartphone with the first Handspring Treo which was shortly after purchased by Palm. Palm dropped the ball there the same way RIM is right now with Blackberry....stale old OS that somehow got buggier over time.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I love these chats, look at where cell phone technology was just 10 short years ago.....

HP corrected itself immediately on that statement. The Palm team is currently developing new device(s) as we speak. I also believe the Windows Tablet they were looking to release to compete with the iPad has also been scrapped as they are looking to use WebOS as it's platform.

Handspring invented the first Mainstream smartphone with the first Handspring Treo which was shortly after purchased by Palm. Palm dropped the ball there the same way RIM is right now with Blackberry....stale old OS that somehow got buggier over time.

Oh wow I never saw the retract on that statement. Guess it shows that correction don't often make the front page lol. Good to hear though I supposed choice for the consumer is always a great thing. The Treo was an awesome device back then, I remember people being like, "I can check my calendar right here on my phone and let you know." If they only knew what was coming.

Yeah the W7 tablet has hit the scrap table and a lot, well a few, people are mad about it. Honestly I don't think a W7 tablet would take off right now. It's kind of the same story of how people started pushing their own mp3 players after the iPod caught on, and while they sold they didn't sell like the iPods.

Well hopefully HP, since they are in the phone market with Palm now, will take WebOS and do something with it. Hopefully Blackberry will do the same. Because the people in the lead after all still need people pushing them in the back so they take the next leap. So with those innovations that got the ball rolling 10 years ago resulted in what we have now, really makes you think about the next 10 years? Maybe I'll finally have the holographic version of video chat! Dang the technology market is exciting, this is a good time to be alive!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463