Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default "Package file is invalid." for today's .301 update?

Anyone else getting this? It doesn't appear to be a play store issue on my end...I tried a clear data/uninstall updates just in case, and it's still happening, plus since then I successfully got the recent play games and wallet updates and they installed just fine.

Default Re: "Package file is invalid." for today's .301 update?

Quote Originally Posted by sddfdds View Post
    Anyone else getting this? It doesn't appear to be a play store issue on my end...I tried a clear data/uninstall updates just in case, and it's still happening, plus since then I successfully got the recent play games and wallet updates and they installed just fine.
    Same here.

Running CM11 nightlies this side. Only WhatsApp seems to be affected as far as I can tell.

Found a previous version here: WhatsApp Messenger 2.11.280 - APKTOP

Not sure how safe this site is, but at least the APK installs and WhatsApp is running again.

APK from WhatsApp's sites doesn't install either. (version 305).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Yea, I'm on M8...and using ART, which you presumably are too...found this with a modification of search terms

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=61916

Fortunately I already had whatsapp installed pre-ART, and it is working fine, and I have no interest in hassling with switching back to dalvik just for one update, so I just disabled auto update for whatsapp and am ignoring it

edit: followed that bug report to its merged parent, https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=61792 which says it's fixed, so im not sure
    Last edited by sddfdds; 07-18-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Additional info

Angry Re: "Package file is invalid." for today's .301 update?

It has been a week, but I thought I'd bump this. I, too, am running CM11 nightlies, ART, but on oooold hardware SGS2 (T989 Hercules). Have tried everything (reasonable) to get it functioning again. Looked at the already noted bug report that has been fixed/closed. There is something weird: When I looked for files from the failed install, it shows a file fragment that says Dalvik. My hunch is that this version of Whatsapp is looking for Dalvik on some devices that are running ART, when it doesn't find it, it fails. I don't think this is an AOSP or CM issue. I think this is a Whatsapp bug.