Whatsapp won't install, "Insufficient Memory" in spite of having 1.1 GB free space

dalekIx

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
The most recent update to Whatsapp broke a few things on my phone. First, it locked the app because I hadn't updated it. Then, it refused to update due to insufficient storage space.

So, I downloaded and installed Link2SD and, after some witchery with partitions, managed to free up some ~700 MB.

I went to download the app and, what would you know, I still didn't have enough space.

So I went and deactivated apps and deleted data until I had slightly more than 1 GB of internal space available. Then I downloaded the apk onto my computer, and transferred it to the phone's SD card from there, and ran the apk on my phone.

Surprise, surprise, I still didn't have enough space available!

Right now, I'm rather upset and confused, and would really appreciate any help. The phone is an LG-D32F0f8, running Android 4.4.2.

frederic dupont

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I do bellieve you already try thos recommended by whatsapp team

Go to your device Settings > Applications > Google Play Store > Clear Cache and also Clear Data.
Reboot your device, then try installing WhatsApp again.

I could recommend to remove all data (picture, ...) from you phone to your computer to get up to 1.5GB of space