Why can I not reinstall Whatsapp after factory reset?

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I am having problems with my MTT Master 4G (MTK6752, running 5.1) that started with the Whatsapp widget disappearing (I think during attempts to update). Whatsapp remained in the list of apps under Settings, but the launch button was inactive. On reboot, Whatapp was reactivated without having to download/reinstall, but the widget would disappear again, I guess at the next attempt to update. Each reboot took several minutes due to Android "optimizing app 1 of 1", Whatsapp being the app needing to be optimized, I guess.
I uninstalled Whatsapp and tried downloading, installing, and rebooting several times without success. Whatsapp appears to download and install, but doesn't, whether downloaded from the Playstore or whatsapp.com.
I performed factory resets, but the app will still not download or install. Other apps do install. I also tried to download the Beta version. Since then, When I attempt to do anything, the message is that Whatsapp Beta is already installed on my device, but it doesn't appear in the list of apps under Settings. Now, according to Whatsapp/Google Playstore, I am a "Beta tester" even though Whatsapp Beta never fully downloaded or installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463