Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By jrb363
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Wii U done for?

With the Wii U suffering big time since its release, it looks more and more like Nintendo is going to continue to lose even more money. Do you think the Wii U can last any longer? Or do you feel that Nintendo can handle the losses and just deal with it?

This is my belief; I believe that the Wii U is a failure. It's the sad truth, but it is time to simply say that. I don't believe Nintendo has failed, but more their attempt failed. I really think it's time for Nintendo to catch up with Sony and Microsoft by making a true hardcore gamer console. No gimmicks, just a console, with a controller. I know Nintendo can do it, and I know if they just made a simple console, they'll get somewhere.

What do you guys think though?

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Is the Wii U done for?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Dave View Post
    With the Wii U suffering big time since its release, it looks more and more like Nintendo is going to continue to lose even more money. Do you think the Wii U can last any longer? Or do you feel that Nintendo can handle the losses and just deal with it?

This is my belief; I believe that the Wii U is a failure. It's the sad truth, but it is time to simply say that. I don't believe Nintendo has failed, but more their attempt failed. I really think it's time for Nintendo to catch up with Sony and Microsoft by making a true hardcore gamer console. No gimmicks, just a console, with a controller. I know Nintendo can do it, and I know if they just made a simple console, they'll get somewhere.

What do you guys think though?
    The Wii U is pretty fun. I don't get why people won't give it a chance!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    jrb363 
    jrb363 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I agree. I don't see why it's not as popular as the Wii was. It's going to be getting more games this year, so there's still hope for it I guess, but I'm not sure how much hope will keep them going, well, Nintendo that is. I hate saying it's a failure, but I really do think it's time for Nintendo to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Global Posts
    8,205 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    The Wii U is pretty fun. I don't get why people won't give it a chance!
    Because of the controls, and the fact that it came too late to be a hit when everyone already had a PS3/360.

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I know my 7yr old loves his. He's always playn it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

I love my Wii U. It's a great party system since it works with the original Wii Remotes and the Gamepad is extremely useful. It's obviously lacking in 3rd party support but I think by the end of its lifespan Nintendo will have put out a large number of excellent titles. I know it's hard waiting on the games but they are coming (eventually). I'd give it an 8/10 overall, but I don't care much for 3rd party titles anyway. If I did it'd definitely rank lower.
    Android convert and proud owner of the HTC One since 4/20/2013
    Where art thou webOS?
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    I love my Wii U. It's a great party system since it works with the original Wii Remotes and the Gamepad is extremely useful. It's obviously lacking in 3rd party support but I think by the end of its lifespan Nintendo will have put out a large number of excellent titles. I know it's hard waiting on the games but they are coming (eventually). I'd give it an 8/10 overall, but I don't care much for 3rd party titles anyway. If I did it'd definitely rank lower.
    Well said.

P.S. Sword Art Online was great.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I think it's because of both Kinect and PS Move, along with the fact that the Wii U doesn't offer a decent enough upgrade over the original Wii. (Just aesthetic redesign, gamepad and HD graphics) I haven't touched my Wii since I got my PS3 (and later PS4) two years ago.
    Ex Apple iSheep!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfam4 View Post
    I think it's because of both Kinect and PS Move, along with the fact that the Wii U doesn't offer a decent enough upgrade over the original Wii. (Just aesthetic redesign, gamepad and HD graphics) I haven't touched my Wii since I got my PS3 (and later PS4) two years ago.
    You should really give the Wii U a chance. The HD graphics are a much bigger deal than you would expect (see: PS2 -> PS3, Xbox -> 360 but close to the PS4/Xbone graphics) I don't blame you for ignoring the Wii but it had a lot of crap titles outside of Nintendo. The Wii U has slow 3rd party support but at least the support the Wii U does have is pretty decent from a quality standpoint. Plus, 2014 is shaping up to be an excellent year for 1st party titles from Nintendo!
    Android convert and proud owner of the HTC One since 4/20/2013
    Where art thou webOS?