07-21-2015 02:36 PM
- I decided to give Wind a try because I love supporting the underdog and read all about Wind's trials getting to market. Their prices were unbeatable, $35.00 all inclusive, unlimited talk time AND long distance in Canada and USA, I could hardly believe it, but they assured me it was true, and it is.
I was told that Wind had limited range to its signal, being the strongest in the city and getting weaker further away into the burbs. What I found was this was mostly true, but their coverage right downtown was terrible, almost non-existent in fact. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be with them, but having no coverage downtown is a dealkiller.08-05-2011 06:47 PM
- My dad switched to Wind a while ago, and had a shaky start with their coverage. But over time, their coverage got even better. Look on their website, it has a map of where they plan to expand their coverage. They're new so it'll take time, but with those plans, I wouldn't go to any other carrier. The other problem with Wind is their poor selection of phones, but it isn't hard to find a good price on unlocked ones anyway...08-08-2011 03:26 PM
- I love WIND and I totally smoked some guy at Best Buy today who tried talking me out of WIND Mobile. It went something like this:
1. Your signal sucks right? "Actually, It's really good, I get the best signal at my school!"
2. You only get 4GB of data. "Actually, it's 5GB"
3. You get throttled to 0.001mbps. "Actually, it's 0.25mbps and it's very useable"
4. "Until Robellus has better data plans I won't consider them." Well they have plans where you can pay $90 a month for 2-4GB/mo. "Well I pay $40 for unlimited everything."05-16-2012 08:06 PMLike 1
- mzanetteZeeAnyone on this $29 unlimited deal they got going? My wife needs a new phone and I'm looking at this for her. (mostly cause I want to play with the Galaxy s3 lol). I assume coverage would be decent as long as we're in the GTA? Data isn't a huge thing for her, but how are the upload/download speeds?08-23-2012 09:32 AM
- So far i love wind. other than the upgrades taking forever that is...lol the 40 plan where i get unlimited everything including international is awesome and the intenet speeds are perfect . i live in st.catharines ontairo and the only issue i have had is on the higway on the way to welland and in niagra falls where even with rogers or other carriers the phones pick up the us towers instead. same thing with wind.05-15-2013 08:44 PM
- I have been on wind for 2 years now cell service is fine the only problem i have is trying to find unlocked phones i can use . I have a Blackberry Z10 right now it's fine but having to wait another year for a upgrade is too long (Look i read android central all the time i must be some kind of enthusiasts. Therefore don't tell me I'm crazy for wanting a new cool toy)
Posted via Android Central App08-23-2014 09:03 AM
- Just switched to Wind from Chatr. Best move ever. I brought in my HTC ONE m8 and they had me up and running in no time. Data speeds could be better but I was told they are switching to Lte soon. It's still pretty fast and the best part is that it's unlimited. Great carrier/provider. Highly recommended.11-27-2014 12:31 AM
- Wind has been really good for me. The data speed is pretty good and they've been really consistent in terms of customer service. The only thing they could improve on is the coverage. Some key places in my city have little or no connection with wind, but hopefully that'll be resolved in upcoming years as they expand.07-21-2015 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD