- 45 Posts
Using a US T-Mobile / Wind in Toronto
Anyone know if I could drop a pay as you go, Wind SIM card in my US T-Mo S3 and use it in Toronto?
Will any issues arise in swapping SIM cards? I assume doing so will replace all of my current texts, contacts, and phone log history?
Opinions? Would it just be better to use the pay as you go phone, instead of trying to swap the SIM?
I'll be in Toronto for a week, and really want a data connection that won't destroy my bank account.
- 06-02-2013, 09:35 PM #2
- 08-08-2016, 11:38 AM #3
Re: Using a US T-Mobile / Wind in Toronto
If you have a newer phone and it's unlocked putting in a WIND SIM or any other carrier won't be an issue. I am surprise though that T-Mobile doesn't have a North America plan like WIND does. The only bad thing about WIND it's network isn't as reliable nor stable as T-Mobile's. So I would recommend to get your phone unlocked (if it's a newer model) and use a SIM from Rogers, Bell and or Telus.
Examples of phones; Samsung Note 4 and up, S5 and up work on all 4 networks. I am sure the other brand of phones are similar.
- By cohoman in forum AT&TReplies: 4Last Post: 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
- By shoebidou in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM
- By ma3loom in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
- By PAC757 in forum Other Sony Android PhonesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM
- By a.salam in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM