How to Unlock HTC One M9 locked to Wind Mobile?

crypticking

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
How to Unlock HTC One M9 locked to Wind Mobile

Hey guys, it's my first time using this website and I would like help and information on how to get my HTC One M9 unlocked.

I bought it from someone and they said it's locked to Wind Mobile currently. I don't mind rooting it if there isn't a better option but I prefer to just get an unlock code.

So does anyone know where online to get an unlock code? Preferably free but $15 USD or less is fine too.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Unlock HTC One M9 locked to Wind Mobile

unlock code | eBay

No guarantees on any of them, I just searched eBay.

(Rooting has nothing to do with unlocking. The seller should have asked Wind for the unlock code while it was still active - it would have been much simpler. Since it's no longer on his account, they probably won' give it to him now.)

crypticking

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Ok thanks, I found one on ebay and it worked great.

Now the question is, how do I put my new carrier (Rogers) firmware/software on the device? Even though it is unlocked it still shows the Wind app, which i want to get rid of. I know carrier provide their own firmware so is there a way to get the Rogers firmware?

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

Does the Wind app still show up after putting in your Rogers Sim card?

Posted via the Android Central App

crypticking

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Yea it does, i uninstalled it, then i factory restored the device with the rogers sim still there and a new wind app showed up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2