Wp7 vs ics

digitalfan

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So coming over from a WP7 HTC Arrive, i was in the WPCentral Forums. Now I am over here, switching over to an Epic 4G. However I saw a convo of someone saying ICS copies WP7. I don't see how, unless they just don't like Android being simple and elegant now. The multitasking view is more WebOS-esq, and considering both ICS and WebOS has the same designer kind of makes sense, doesn't? But ICS you can kill apps using the card view, whereas WP7 you can only fast app switch. The software buttons aren't like WP7 captive buttons on WP7's. Back, Start and Bing, where as it's ICS buttons are Back, Home and Task Manager/Open Apps. And Android doesn't have Live Tiles, or a Metro UI interface.

What do you guys think?

travelerdawg

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I am making an attempt to revive this thread because I would really like to see what the opinions of the android public are on the metro UI in Mango. Who out there has considered switching to a WP7.5 because manufactures of Android phones are being slow to slate dates for ICS for their devices? Who would take Mango over ICS? Why stay with Android when there is so much fragmentation in hardware vs the stringently regulated hardware of the windows ecosystem?

Note: I am basing my opinion of the Android ecosystem with 2yrs experience with a non-rooted MT3G running 2.2.1. Sure, there are a lot of apps that are "compatible" with my phone but that doesn't mean that my phone can run it well (or in most cases at all). I am worried the next android phone that I get wiill again be outdated before my next two year contract is up. My slow processor, low RAM, low resolution screen was very inovative when it came out back in 2009. And yes I did pay $200 for my phone WITH a two year contract agreement AND the $30 monthly myTouch data plan. :-$
T-Mobile myTouch 3G Release Date

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am making an attempt to revive this thread because I would really like to see what the opinions of the android public are on the metro UI in Mango. Who out there has considered switching to a WP7.5 because manufactures of Android phones are being slow to slate dates for ICS for their devices? Who would take Mango over ICS? Why stay with Android when there is so much fragmentation in hardware vs the stringently regulated hardware of the windows ecosystem?

Note: I am basing my opinion of the Android ecosystem with 2yrs experience with a non-rooted MT3G running 2.2.1. Sure, there are a lot of apps that are "compatible" with my phone but that doesn't mean that my phone can run it well (or in most cases at all). I am worried the next android phone that I get wiill again be outdated before my next two year contract is up. My slow processor, low RAM, low resolution screen was very inovative when it came out back in 2009. And yes I did pay $200 for my phone WITH a two year contract agreement AND the $30 monthly myTouch data plan. :-$
T-Mobile myTouch 3G Release Date

Sadly, devices becoming outdated within the next few months are typical in the technological world: the next big thing is always around the corner (*cough* Samsung *cough).

Nonetheless, just get the device that suits your needs now. The newest phones aren't always the best, as there's always one little quirk that will ruin it all.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699