HTC Windows 8 phone

gary strang

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi , was hoping someone could help me with a problem as I am not very technical and cant seem to work out how to do the following. I recently dropped my htc phone and screen has cracked but up until now I could still see things and use it ok. Now the screen has got worse and I cant see anything. I don't have ?80 pounds to get it fixed at moment so bought a cheap ten pound phone to use for now. I inserted my sim but no contacts are showing. I connected the htc phone into laptop and again I can only see pictures on the card and no contacts are showing. I thought all contacts were on sim but obviously not but they must be somewhere on the phone but why don't they show when connected to laptop. Really frustrating as I am sure most could identify with this , I really need my contacts more than the phone. Can anyone help ?

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: htc windows 8 phone

Hi , was hoping someone could help me with a problem as I am not very technical and cant seem to work out how to do the following. I recently dropped my htc phone and screen has cracked but up until now I could still see things and use it ok. Now the screen has got worse and I cant see anything. I don't have ?80 pounds to get it fixed at moment so bought a cheap ten pound phone to use for now. I inserted my sim but no contacts are showing. I connected the htc phone into laptop and again I can only see pictures on the card and no contacts are showing. I thought all contacts were on sim but obviously not but they must be somewhere on the phone but why don't they show when connected to laptop. Really frustrating as I am sure most could identify with this , I really need my contacts more than the phone. Can anyone help ?
Welcome to the forums!

There is nothing you can do to retrieve this information. For future reference, consider syncing contacts to other services or keep a copy saved to another source just in case something happens again.

boothes18

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: htc windows 8 phone

On WP contacts are typically stored on Live (Hotmail), gmail, yahoo, Facebook, etc. Just depends how you set your phone up. Try going to your Microsoft account that you hooked the phone up with. They should be there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2