The mighty Nokia smartphone camera has been conquered

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

DO NOT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK

That link is triggering my antivirus... TR.SWORT.A trojan detected. SWORT refers to Secure Web Object Transfer and the phrase SWORT appears most often in conjunction with Real Player which is a program I do not have.

I had my AV delete all instances of that trojan and it forced a reboot afterward. Then my Chrome Browser had to be repaired.

Post reported.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
While I didn't get a similar warning, thanks for being diligent.

DPreview is good people. Very well respected and all that. I've forwarded a link to this thread to their web team.

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's a weird false positive, thanks for emailing dpreview for us Jerry. Nothing registered on my AV either. RumoredNow, it's possible your system is already infected by something else, hope you get that sorted ok

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly... But I hadn't done anything new today software/download wise... Yours is the only externally routed link I had clicked for quite some time and my browser immediately slowed on opening a new tab for further search on Z2 camera comparisons. Immediately after getting that new tab for a Google search is when I got the warning from Avira.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Now back to the discussion... The 808 is 2 years older than the Z2. No huge feat to get better benchmarks.

However, benchmarks aren't as good as side by side comparisons; are they? I think of benchmarks as a guide only - sort of a rough guesstimate.

Here's a side by side of the Z2 and a Lumia 1520... These two are only about 6 months apart in release.

Here's another showing Z2 vs Lumia 1020 (the direct successor to the 808) and these two are about 1 year apart in age.

Here is the Z2 vs the Lumia Icon which is about 3 months older. For Camera comparison, skip to 7:13.

Hopefully that provides some better comparisons over a dusty benchmark readout...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a camera comparison video on that channel featuring the Z2. Is there something special you didn't link?