Android and Windows Phone and the future

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the battery life on the top range phones is brilliant. What Windows phone do you have? my only experience with a Windows phone was the Lumia 1020

I have the LG Lancet on Verizon. $120 off contact was a steal. Especially since my old Android phone was having short battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the LG Lancet on Verizon. $120 off contact was a steal. Especially since my old Android phone was having short battery life.

Have you experienced "Resuming" yet?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you experienced "Resuming" yet?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

It is very infrequent. Probably the quad core processor is helping that. But I maybe see it a couple times or day or less and it never lasts more than a second. I was also pleasantly surprised with the multitasking. It actually is possible to juggle a couple browser tabs and switch between a couple apps.

Though I will admit the slowest app on my Windows Phone is Spotify, it also takes a couple seconds to load up. Unacceptable.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am back. I have now doesn't over a month on Windows Phone. Barely life is still amazing. Performance is still good too. Though there had been a few niggles.

Resuming happens between specific apps as I was told before. Mainly with Spotify and Netflix.

HERE Drive speed limit beeping is annoying. This is Atlanta, going over the speed limit is mandatory to follow with traffic otherwise you can get a ticket from the slowpoke law.

The way Windows Phone handles background stuff is actually better than Android. It may be because I have Update 2, but the fact that I can personally manage which apps are allowed to work in the background is awesome. Not to mention permission management is to notch.

App download sizes are very small on WP. I still marvel at that.

Universal Apps are still well done.

Bing isn't too bad for everyday searches.

That's about it for now. So far still liking everything. Battery life more than anything is why I'll keep this phone for awhile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user