Xiaomi Mi Max

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Me too! I use it often for a back up phone. I'd use it more but the camera KINDA isn't the greatest and it doesn't support my wells fargo app.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to pickup one of these as a backup phone and media consumption device (my main phone is an iPhone 7 Plus but I love having an android phone too). Would you recommend it for this use? Any issues with Google Play Store or Google Apps? and I'm in the states, what's your best advice for obtaining one? I typically buy used phones on Swappa but there's not any Maxes listed ATM and they don't pop up that often. Thanks in advance!

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Got mine on Swappa. GearBest.com was another choice. Big phone, all my apps are running, even gear fit 2. Google play was loaded already, had to add apps one at a time, could not find a way to transfer apps.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on Swappa. GearBest.com was another choice. Big phone, all my apps are running, even gear fit 2. Google play was loaded already, had to add apps one at a time, could not find a way to transfer apps.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if yours was running a vendor rom (with lots of bloat) vs an official MIUI rom?

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I am running MIUI 7.3 - stable - 7.3.14.0(MBDCNDE) ANDROID VERSION 6.0.1 MMB29M

Not Sure what it all means, but may try to flash MIUI 8, later

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got one from China. Using it as a daily driver on VZW & Tmobs for a few days to see how it is. My top priority for device is battery and this thing is a beast at 4850mAh. I love how big it is. Allows my big fat fingers to type better. Lol

Jorge2912

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
i have a mi max and is great , battery longlast almost all the day depending the use and screen is great resolution and color gamut ,is even better than my laptop and my old ipad mini ,a suggestion update it to MIUI 8 ,camera is nice and good resolution for photos even have manual mode and is great also pano photo is very good

Rodolf1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how to do it, never rooted/flashed before. Downloaded apps from the internet before, but that's it.

I've been looking into this. The Gearbest units come with a custom Rom which won't update automatically. Official ROMs are available for download but you needs to apply to Xiaomi first to get the boatloader unlock permission. Not sure that 8. is that different to 7. More of an issue maybe as and when Nougat comes along.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded Nova Launcher Prime 5.0 for $0.99, on sale. It is a great upgrade for the Mi Max, change grid size, download new icons, etc. Lots of options, gives the appearance of Marshmallow.

Rodolf1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Just downloaded Nova Launcher Prime 5.0 for $0.99, on sale. It is a great upgrade for the Mi Max, change grid size, download new icons, etc. Lots of options, gives the appearance of Marshmallow.

Great app. Used it for years and with its back up facility to cloud it's very easy to migrate your layout to another phone.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got one from China. Using it as a daily driver on VZW & Tmobs for a few days to see how it is. My top priority for device is battery and this thing is a beast at 4850mAh. I love how big it is. Allows my big fat fingers to type better. Lol

These phones are compatible with Verizon? You tried it and it worked for data and cellular coverage?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It's a great phone. I love mine. I'm on T-Mobile and get LTE speeds. Have not complaints. Very impressed. Plus I like having a device not many people have. It's unique.

Rodolf1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Great phone. But check if it has a Vendor ROM. If so, you will have to do manual ROM updates.....if you want updates. Lot of info on Xiaomi.eu

nnthemperor

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Go for it man. Got the 32gb for $178 on AliExpress and I'm living it. Wish I'd give for the 128gb version. It's as high end as phones come.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800