Xiaomi Mi Max - Questions Before I Buy It

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy the Xiaomi Mi Max for T-Mobile in USA in New York City. But before I do I got questions.....

1) Its not compatible with 4G LTE on tmobile. But its compatible on tmobile's 3G. How fast is it on 3G? Is it good?

2) I hate MIUI. Can you install Marshmallow, the non-MIUI version?

3) A review said that video recording wasnt stable. If this is true, is there a fix?

4) What dont you like about it?

5) Which is better, this phone or the Doogee Y6 Max?

6) Will T-Mobile refarm their network to include 4G for this phone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Xiaomi Mi Max will not be fully supported on T-Mobile. Meaning, you will not have LTE and will be limited to the slower 2G network. That’s considering the device you want to purchase is unlocked and will work on T-Mobiles network. Why not consider something else, such as the Moto G4/G4 Plus that does support the network and will have full LTE support? It’s affordable and no need to worry about missing features and you get the stripped down UI and will be close the stock Marshmallow.

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
A tmobile rep emailed me the LTE bands that tmobile currently uses for New York City. He said the phone is compatible. Look below at the tmobile bands. Compare those with the bands on the Xiaomi Mi Max, which is linked here:
http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/4ea93be4

Let me know you guys think!!!!

T-mobile network frequencies in New York are:
2G (GSM)
4G/3G U2100
4G/3G U1900
LTE 2100
LTE 1900
LTE 700A

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You probably would get 3G or H+ as they call it, but for sure you won't get LTE, the phone does not have the proper LTE bands.

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It is fast enough to stream Netflix, cruising the internet there is not much of a difference if the signal is strong.

The problem with the phone is that stupid MIUI o/s which I consider to be substandard, too simple and too godamn boring. MIUI is to win 95 what MM is to win 10. MIUI is the worst android o/s ever made. I cant stand it. Replacing it with CM is pointless too since its got several bugs, a few being the cam and video record.

I'll just wait until theres a 6.5 inch phone fully compatible with tmobile without having to go through all those issues that arent guaranteed in the end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11