XOOM AOSP ICS Build

kyle.asplund

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So, upon some looking around, I found this thread at XDA that has links to ICS builds that work on the XOOM. There are a few things that are broken as of right now though. Such as, camera, HDMI, GApps and such. I just finished flashing on my 4G XOOM from CWM and after 'optimizing' all my apps ICS successfully booted, and left my CWM recovery image intact.

[AOSP] ICS Build for Verizon 3G/4G XOOM - xda-developers

The .zip file I used was on page 13 (full_stingray-no-recovery)

All I did was move the .zip to my SD card and install from recovery. Ill update later when I get market and other Gapps working.

as everyone else says, flash at your own risk!

also, I take no credit for any of this. I just found the thread and jumped in. Thanks go to xxspark89xx at XDA for starting the work on this thread. along with all the other devs that helped out.

-- got the market and other gapps to work by flashing the gapps file recommended at the bottom of the 1st page and then doing a factory data reset from the settings menu.

12-19 / 0450 -- when trying to open the camera app I get a 'cannot connect to camera' error message. gtalk works without video, market works fine, I get my emails about the same speed as I do on my T-Bolt running CM7.2. wifi connects just fine. I attempted to use my 4G sim card and the device didnt even recognize that I put one in. (usually it forces a restart if I put it in while the device is on) It also seems to have no widgets... I have yet to try bluetooth and videos dont show up in the market, although streaming video through the browser works just fine. Ill update more as I fiddle with it.

Last edited:

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Im on the newest 3g/4g flashable build for ICS. I can confirm hdmi works for me. I have root, camera is still no go.

Your widgets are in the app tray, just keep swiping right.

ICS Xoom, Stingray

Last edited:

kyle.asplund

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice, thanks

have not had much time to play around with the build today, although I did manage to re-download all my apps from amazon and the market. still much faster than HC was. Just flat-out amazing.

kiwiruss

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Think i'll give this a try on my 4g xoom. i dont use the 4g so Im not worried if that doesnt work.
Be nice if the camera worked though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12