Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 v7.2 / ICS V 4.0.3

Default XOOM AOSP ICS Build

So, upon some looking around, I found this thread at XDA that has links to ICS builds that work on the XOOM. There are a few things that are broken as of right now though. Such as, camera, HDMI, GApps and such. I just finished flashing on my 4G XOOM from CWM and after 'optimizing' all my apps ICS successfully booted, and left my CWM recovery image intact.

[AOSP] ICS Build for Verizon 3G/4G XOOM - xda-developers

The .zip file I used was on page 13 (full_stingray-no-recovery)

All I did was move the .zip to my SD card and install from recovery. Ill update later when I get market and other Gapps working.

as everyone else says, flash at your own risk!

also, I take no credit for any of this. I just found the thread and jumped in. Thanks go to xxspark89xx at XDA for starting the work on this thread. along with all the other devs that helped out.

-- got the market and other gapps to work by flashing the gapps file recommended at the bottom of the 1st page and then doing a factory data reset from the settings menu.

12-19 / 0450 -- when trying to open the camera app I get a 'cannot connect to camera' error message. gtalk works without video, market works fine, I get my emails about the same speed as I do on my T-Bolt running CM7.2. wifi connects just fine. I attempted to use my 4G sim card and the device didnt even recognize that I put one in. (usually it forces a restart if I put it in while the device is on) It also seems to have no widgets... I have yet to try bluetooth and videos dont show up in the market, although streaming video through the browser works just fine. Ill update more as I fiddle with it.
    Last edited by kyle.asplund; 12-19-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: update

ROM
    Tiamat 2.1.0 Manta Ray

Im on the newest 3g/4g flashable build for ICS. I can confirm hdmi works for me. I have root, camera is still no go.

Your widgets are in the app tray, just keep swiping right.

ICS Xoom, Stingray
    Last edited by Castorshells; 12-19-2011 at 08:37 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7 v7.2 / ICS V 4.0.3

Default Re: XOOM AOSP ICS Build

Nice, thanks

have not had much time to play around with the build today, although I did manage to re-download all my apps from amazon and the market. still much faster than HC was. Just flat-out amazing.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Think i'll give this a try on my 4g xoom. i dont use the 4g so Im not worried if that doesnt work.
    Be nice if the camera worked though.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Cant locate the CWM flashable zip file. i'll have to look again tonight.