[GUIDE][VZW Version] Rooting the Moto Xoom [2-24-2011]

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To add busybox:

Mount /system as read/write (you can use root explorer for this if you want)

and then install busybox from the market, it may give you an error message but verify it's installed by either going to adb shell or a terminal and typing:

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
OK so Im thinking of doing this just to get all of my completed Angry Birds levels back. But stupid question forthcoming. I know how to open a command prompt but I haven't done one using ADB. Is it the same thing as opening a normal command prompt and then just type the directory as shown in the second picture?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK so Im thinking of doing this just to get all of my completed Angry Birds levels back. But stupid question forthcoming. I know how to open a command prompt but I haven't done one using ADB. Is it the same thing as opening a normal command prompt and then just type the directory as shown in the second picture?

Yup, you just open the command prompt where the SDK downloaded the adb executable.

If you get the new version of the sdk you should copy the adb and the adb dll file over to the tools directory so it's easier for you.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Root! Thanks for the write up very easy.
aeff7010-a92d-3f2f.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just bumping this to the top since it's not stickied anymore. I had a hell of a time finding it the other day when I needed it.

Thanks for the write up.

kkevk3

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
hi guys, noob here, i followed the instructions and everything is going smoothly til i have to enter the line "ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su" it says ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su: not found

can someone help me with this please????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38