Can't get USB to mount with Tiamat 1.1.6

treeofliberty

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the Tiamat 1.1.6 kernel last night and am purring at 1.5Ghz. Cool. However, when I plug in a flash drive, it doesn't mount to /usbdisk as expected. I notice in Astro that /usbdisk show permissions of d--. I was expecting more open permissions. Is this what is thwarting me? I think I pushed out the vold.fstab as directed.

Any ideas?

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem except I'm using the usbdisk.img and still can't get it to work. I have even tried reflashing the boot.img a second time.

I can use ES File Explorer and open the vold.fstab file and it contains the necessary changes.

I noticed in the instructions it says to put the line "dev_mount usbdisk /months/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci". I tried doing a search and there is no devices directory or tegra-ehci file. Am I missing something?

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, as I suspected part of my USB Thumb drive problem was the micro USB adapter I was using. I just got the USB cable recommended and now I have access to my thumb drive. Previously I was using a small adapter I got on Amazon.

I now see some other curious results, wondering if anyone else has seen similar? It seems that not all thumb drives can mount correctly. I have two seemingly identical drives (simple 1gig drives). One of them works fine but the other will not mount. They both work fine on my PC.