[KERNEL - AOSP][HC3.1][UPDATE 6/2]Tiamat Xoom 1.4.4 "Full Throttle Baby @1.7Ghz"

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Im installing the proper Java SE JDK tools to let me run the Android SDK, lol its just one big run around.

But I really wanna learn and get this down properly. I have an Atrix so bootloaders and stuff like that I never had the option for. Might invest in an HTC phone for that. But one thing at a time for me. lol

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Adb rocks. Reason number 1 one click root and all that is not great..... times like this when you want something that's not 1 click. Once you do something with adb you will feel awesome! Good luck.

Sent by Xoom

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's just so weird using my laptop, Ive been using my Xoom for the last week straight hahaha, I don't need it unless Im typing a paper.

But the SDK is downloading all this stuff:
Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 3
Installing Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 3
'adb kill-server' failed -- run manually if necessary.
Installed Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 3
Downloading Documentation for Android SDK, API 11, revision 1
Installing Documentation for Android SDK, API 11, revision 1
Installed Documentation for Android SDK, API 11, revision 1
Downloading SDK Platform Android 3.0, API 11, revision 1

I should let it keep going till its done right?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup. 16 total files I think. It will create new folders that you WANT!

This is for windows 7

Goto

C:> Program files - Android - android-sdk-windows - platform-tools. In that last folder there should be an adb file. Go back one folder and shift + right click on platform-tools to open a window with the option open command window here. Its the fourth option down.

Now that is your command prompt. Then follow earlier instructions to get the kernal and push

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to go to all of the hassle of installing the full SDK and if you don't plan on developing software and just want the few files needed for unlocking and rooting, download sdktools.zip from here -http://forum.androidcentral.com/att...nlocking-rooting-returning-stock-sdktools.zip. Just download this and unzip it. You will have an sdktools folder that contains just fastboot, adb and AdbWinApi.dll. You can copy the necessary files for rooting flashing kernels etc to this folder and run the commands from the first post (courtesy of thefredelement).

Reactions: NewAge

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to go to all of the hassle of installing the full SDK and if you don't plan on developing software and just want the few files needed for unlocking and rooting, download sdktools.zip from here -http://forum.androidcentral.com/att...nlocking-rooting-returning-stock-sdktools.zip. Just download this and unzip it. You will have an sdktools folder that contains just fastboot, adb and AdbWinApi.dll. You can copy the necessary files for rooting flashing kernels etc to this folder and run the commands from the first post (courtesy of thefredelement).

Agree 100% but he is wifi. Will this work because in fredelemnts instructions he says not for wifi. That shouldn't matter though right? its the files he pushes that matter?

So yeah installing just that .zip is ideal.

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Agree 100% but he is wifi. Will this work because in fredelemnts instructions he says not for wifi. That shouldn't matter though right? its the files he pushes that matter?

So yeah installing just that .zip is ideal.
I believe the warning is related more to the boot.img files that thefredelement links to and which are used to root the device are only meant for the Verizon version. The kernel files from BRD work for both wifi and 3g, so using adb to push these files to either of the Xoom models should be safe AFAIK.

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried compiling and repacking bigrushdog's kernel themselves? All I've managed to get is a bootloop at the dual core technology screen :-\

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i went through the process with no problem but im not seeing the additional storage anywhere? Do i have to do something else?
You need to reboot. It should then show up as sdcard2. There have been reports over at xda also that not all cards may work. Make sure card is formatted as FAT32 and/or EXT2/3/4/

Reactions: b0ricua

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781