[KERNEL - AOSP][HC3.1][UPDATE 6/2]Tiamat Xoom 1.4.4 "Full Throttle Baby @1.7Ghz"

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Woohooo! It worked! I am using a Sandisk 16GB that I had lying around from when I got a new 32GB in my DroidX. However the big question is: Will Clockworkmod Recovery back up to this new "sdcard2"??? The first thing I want to do now is make a backup!

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Woohooo! It worked! I am using a Sandisk 16GB that I had lying around from when I got a new 32GB in my DroidX. However the big question is: Will Clockworkmod Recovery back up to this new "sdcard2"??? The first thing I want to do now is make a backup!
AFAIK Clockwork Recovery hasn't been released yet for the Xoom. You can use backup apps such as Titanium Backup or My Backup Root

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Tiamat 1.3.1 just dropped. It offers a much better solution for sdcard2!

Instructions are different. Read very bottom. I didn't create the sdcard2 file first and flashed. I was still able to create the file after flash and after a reboot all my files showed up in gallery.

Edit: Way to update OP Clyde. I was going to make a new thread but if you keep her updated lets stick here!

Last edited:

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try to keep up to date LOL. I'm just going to be out of country next week, so hopefully BRD holds off on updates for a little while now ;)

Reactions: d-pak

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Gave this awesome kernel a sticky! Let's keep up the great info and help here. Thanks for everyone helping each other out. Now time for me to get on the 1.3.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: ClydeB1

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
There should be another update coming down the line. Cybertronic took BRD's kernel and repackaged it. The initial link he posted for this has been removed though and will be incorporated into a new release - soon hopefully. I will update the 1st post as soon as officially released.

Here are the changes...
* Patched source to 2.6.36.4
* Removed as much debug options as possible (even with optimizations on, kernel is still smaller!)
* Enabled TCP Large Receive Offload
* Enabled TCP advanced congestion control (CUBIC)
* Removed ext2/ext3 direct filesystem code, and enabled ext2/ext3 by the newer ext4 code
* Enabled hardware random number generator
* Enabled optimizations (-O2 vs -Os)
* Compiled with GCC 4.5.2 (has some new ARM optimizations for Cortex-A9)

Some are claiming noticeable performance improvements, with Quadrant scores in the +3000's OC'd @1400

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
3000 quadrant!? I called BS in my head but had to try it out before making accusations.

Well I just did three quadrant and sure as $heet I hit a 3000 quadrant. Never been above 2400 on Xoom. Real word it might be snappier. To soon to tell.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
1.3.2 is ready. Just visit the 1.3.1 link! Super easy. Have rom manager ready and boot recovery with adb reboot recovery. Mount and drop on SDcard then install from sd card.

Last edited:
Reactions: LMO

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I flashed 1.3.2 and all went well. Except I am not seeing the quadrant scores that some are claiming to get (3000+ !?? Really!?). In fact my scores are crap compared to when I had 1.3.1. I was previously getting close to 2900, and now I am lucky if I get over 2300! I am mad. :(

katchy73

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still a baby at this....

I want to load the SD and boot, but I'm nervous and unsure of what to do. Plus, everything says Xoom WiFi and I have the 3G..... Does it load the same? Is it easy? It doesn't sound it. I'm scared I'm gonna mess something up on my Xoom. I'm a geek for most tech, but this is a lot different for me. Please help me. :'( :-\

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I want to load the SD and boot, but I'm nervous and unsure of what to do. Plus, everything says Xoom WiFi and I have the 3G..... Does it load the same? Is it easy? It doesn't sound it. I'm scared I'm gonna mess something up on my Xoom. I'm a geek for most tech, but this is a lot different for me. Please help me. :'( :-\

I have the 3g and all went well. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. I was in 1.3.0 so I just made a sdcard folder in the system sd card then booted into recovery with Adb. Mounted and dropped the 1.3.2 zip into the new sd card folder then installed the zip. Just make sure you dl rom manager and install clockwork before all of this.

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was able to compile the latest Tiamat kernel source code and boot it up just fine. I probably just messed something up last time I tried.
Hats off to bigrushdog for bringing us an awesome kernel and ClockworkMod recovery to the Xoom :)

Well I flashed 1.3.2 and all went well. Except I am not seeing the quadrant scores that some are claiming to get (3000+ !?? Really!?). In fact my scores are crap compared to when I had 1.3.1. I was previously getting close to 2900, and now I am lucky if I get over 2300! I am mad. :(

Are you overclocked? I'm getting scores in the expected range.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

Make sure you have setcpu installed so you can change the setting to get more out of it.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was able to compile the latest Tiamat kernel source code and boot it up just fine. I probably just messed something up last time I tried.
Hats off to bigrushdog for bringing us an awesome kernel and ClockworkMod recovery to the Xoom :)

Are you overclocked? I'm getting scores in the expected range.

Hmm, ok now I am confused. LOL I was under the impression that Tiamat did overclock to 1500. Is this not the case? When I look in the system info, it shows max as 1504. Do I need to install setcpu in order for the overclocking to work?
:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol