YotaPhone 2: Hands on !

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Pretty good read. If the support behind the device is solid, I don't think price will be an issue.

Pavloid

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Held it in his hands, though not for long, fun thing. At the beginning worried that one side of the screen will always crawl on the table, but it is like without incident. Russia finally was able to make the device a minimum buyout would be interesting for the whole world. But the price in my opinion would be a problem, for the same Russia which dictates the strength of the dollar price of devices.

Jack0815

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Nice Hands on ... I am following the development of Yota quite some time and I really like their approach. However, I am not sure if keeping two screens is the way to go. Well on the front screen there is "only" a normal android, but they have to add/develope widgets and apps for the backscreen anyway. Why not try a smartphone with only a e-ink screen and give it an enormous battery life. When I think about my smartphone usage I would switch to a e-ink device (+ tablet) for a great battery life in a minute if I could still check whatsapp, facebook, SMS and some news ... and maybe do phone calls ;)

appwell

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I think YP2 is interesting device with his E-ink display, but I'm disappointed in it price. Phone looks like SGS 5, but price is much more.

Kristijonas

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a go with it a week ago. Looks like russians actually managed to do something nice, modern and useful :) yet with current situation, I highly doubt if they will remain a russian company for a long and will probbably run away to a bit better environment. Yet their employee said they are exploring Sailfish option too, and might do a version with it in a few years if they are still a float

Posted via Android Central App

geel56

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my yotaphone 2. Since I have changed my app for text messages (I don't use Messenger anymore), the notification on the back screen doesn't appear, and there is no synchronisation between the app I use on the main screen, and the app on the back screen for text messages.
I checked everywhere in the settings of the phone.

I somebody can help me...
Best regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22