The Vine App and the ZTE Valet.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The ZTE Valet (Z665C) Android phone running Jelly Bean 4.1 has been out for 2 to 3 months now, but the Vine app still does not yet support recording video on it. Every other camera-related app that I have downloaded is able to find and use the camera to suit its purposes, with the exception of QR Code and the First Community Credit Union check scanning app. The problem with those apps is not in finding the camera, but in focusing it. Since the ZTE Valet has only a single rear facing camera, it cannot focus clearly on something as close to the lens as a check or a QR code. However, Viddy, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, MapMyWalk, GifBoom and GIF Camera have no problems.

What's up with Vine? I'd like to believe that it is just a question of an update and the problem with Vine will be solved. Would that suggest that the developers of the other apps I mentioned were more forward thinking than the Vine developers and sort of pre-updated their apps before the introduction of the ZTE Valet? Or does it suggest that MOST apps don't require an update to deal with a new camera phone on the market, but that Vine is somehow diffferent aand does reqire that last tweak? Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe it has to do with the pay-as-you-go Tracfone company which provides service for the ZTE Valet.:confused:

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
There were 2 updates of the Vine app yesterday. Perhaps they were related to the arrival of Android Kit Kat; I don't know. In any case, the Vine app on my ZTE Valet Android 4.1 phone now begins initializing when I tap the Record icon. That's as far as it goes, and then, it closes.
This is real progress. Since I started this Thread, tapping the Record icon brought up a message saying that recording was not supported on this device yet. Now, tapping results in app failure accompanied by an opportunity to report the incident. I've reported the incident to the people at Vine a couple of times and included my thanks for their progress.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app