What Monopod/Selfie Stick Do You Use?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide on what monopod/selfie stick I want to use with my new Samsung Gear 360.

What do you use?

I've been looking at the ThrillPro by The Alaska Life because it looks solid with a rubberized grip. Is it too large for this camera? I'm also thinking of adding a tripod base to it in the future for use in the home.

MrGruntHunter

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I can't decide on what monopod/selfie stick I want to use with my new Samsung Gear 360.

What do you use?

I've been looking at the ThrillPro by The Alaska Life because it looks solid with a rubberized grip. Is it too large for this camera? I'm also thinking of adding a tripod base to it in the future for use in the home.

Dankees, I'm using a Smatree ( https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-SmaP...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5719534 ) and is working out fine for me. It has a nice grip, a holder for a remote and an extra holder for a cell phone. The only thing you can see are the 3 little legs at the bottom and you look straight down in a photo. Oh, and the three leg support at the bottom can be easily removes or folded up for an extra hand support.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

Yes, I've looked at that one, and this one from the same company.

I'm not sure I like the soft handle versus the rubberized one from The Alaska Life ThrillPro.

They both have a similar system for extending the pole. And, I like the top, straight/flat mechanism at the top of the ThrillPro.

My only reservation is that it's rather large and thick for such a small, light-weight camera.

I plan to add the Manfrotto tripod base.

(By the way, is there an easy way to hide/cover the tripod base from photos and videos?)

MrGruntHunter

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I also liked the BENRO BK10. I have their Aero 4 Travel video tripod kit. They appear to be good products and a lot less expensive than Manfrotto. The only way you could hide the base is if you were somewhere where you could add a spike to the bottom and stick it in the ground. Only other option is photoshop. One thing I will add is that they are very unstable to use as a tripod, especially outside. You might want to carry a soft ankle weight to set on the legs to keep it from falling over.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. That looks pretty good, but the handle seems a bit thick/heavy.

(I wouldn't trust a tripod outside. Wind could kick up out of nowhere. And, even if the camera doesn't fall over, it'll sway, and screw up the 360 video.)

MrGruntHunter

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I also liked the BENRO BK10. The BENRO comes with a remote as well. I have their Aero 4 Travel video tripod kit. They appear to be good products and a lot less expensive than Manfrotto. The only negstive I have about the AERO 4 is that you can't see the bubble level in the dark without a flashlight. The only way you could hide the base is if you were somewhere where you could add a spike to the bottom and stick it in the ground. Only other option is Photoshop. One thing I will add is that they are very unstable to use as a tripod, especially outside. You might want to carry a soft ankle weight to set on the legs to keep it from falling over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084