I have a FiiO Q1 DAC that I would like to use with Nexus devices. Review here on XDA.

I've already researched on several audio sites and found out that the HibyMusic app is what I need and have that app.

All I need now is a USB OTG adapter that works with Nexi. Does anyone use a DAC with their Nexus device? If so, which one(s) work properly? I want to purchase a USB OTG adapter, but I want to ensure that it is Nexus-compatible.
    04-25-2016 02:30 PM
    Laura, all an OTG cable does is short 2 pins on the phone, so any cheap OTG cable should work. I don't have a DAC, but both my cheap (99 cent) and expensive (about $8) OTG cables turn my phone into a USB host (even to the point of working with a no-name wireless mouse receiver).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:29 PM
    Laura, all an OTG cable does is short 2 pins on the phone, so any cheap OTG cable should work. I don't have a DAC, but both my cheap (99 cent) and expensive (about $8) OTG cables turn my phone into a USB host (even to the point of working with a no-name wireless mouse receiver).
    Thanks Rukbat!

I ordered this one, which will be arriving on Wednesday.
    04-25-2016 08:08 PM
    I am very interested in your setup! I just got a Nexus 6P and looking to do virtually the same thing. Looking at a different DAC, but I want to use the USB output to the DAC, then use a good headphone amp to power my headphones. I'll probably hook it up to my laptop sometimes, but I would much prefer to use my Nexus.

What kind of music files are you using? Or at least where do you get a majority of your music? I'd like to find a good place to download music directly to the phone (pay or otherwise) for the times when I don't have a higher quality source available.
    04-26-2016 12:02 PM
    I am very interested in your setup! I just got a Nexus 6P and looking to do virtually the same thing. Looking at a different DAC, but I want to use the USB output to the DAC, then use a good headphone amp to power my headphones. I'll probably hook it up to my laptop sometimes, but I would much prefer to use my Nexus.

What kind of music files are you using? Or at least where do you get a majority of your music? I'd like to find a good place to download music directly to the phone (pay or otherwise) for the times when I don't have a higher quality source available.
    Most of my music is ripped from CDs. I use Exact Audio Copy for Windows and rip the songs in FLAC format. Then I transfer the files to my Android device.

I'll report tomorrow or Thursday how the USB OTG adapter works with the DAC.
    04-26-2016 02:05 PM
    Yeah, please do! I'm hoping do the same thing once I get my new DAC, so hopefully it'll all work out. Makes sense to rip everything. However, I have downloaded a few things from hdtracks.com, they sound incepredible!

Tab S2 LTE
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2016 10:37 PM
    Yeah, please do! I'm hoping do the same thing once I get my new DAC, so hopefully it'll all work out. Makes sense to rip everything. However, I have downloaded a few things from hdtracks.com, they sound incepredible!

Tab S2 LTE
    Success with Nexus 7 2013 and FiiO Q1 using USB OTG adapter and HibyMusic!

I'll try it on a Moto device later this week.
    04-27-2016 03:04 PM

Tab S2 LTE
    I have also used hdtracks.com. My preferred format is FLAC.
    04-27-2016 09:29 PM
    Success with Nexus 7 2013 and FiiO Q1 using USB OTG adapter and HibyMusic!

I'll try it on a Moto device later this week.
    Update: I didn't get to try a Moto device until today. My MXPE died on April 15. Moto sent me a brick on April 29. I got a properly working MXPE today.

I can confirm that my setup with the FiiO Q1, the USB OTG adapter, and the HibyMusic app works great on the MXPE as well.
    05-10-2016 02:39 AM