[REVIEW}Smart Stereo 'Hi Rio' Olympics theme edition HDMI cable

5811USMC

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I received this item in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

Upon receipt I unpackaged the cable. Pretty basic packaging, nothing fancy just a plastic baggy indicating what was in it.
The link below to a shared Google Photos folder has all the photos I took while unpackaging.
https://goo.gl/photos/ryfL9euY28BHwviF6

The cable is wrapped in a mesh shielding that prevents snagging and pinching of the cable. In my household the blue accents on the cable go nicely with everything my A/V setup in the livingroom.
The connectors are touted to be 24k gold plated – I am no jeweler so I can’t verify this, so lets see if it can handle 4K !
My previous HDMI cable was unable to be used at 4k resolutions, the best I could get was 1080p/1080i, so changing the resolution was the big test.
I used the cable to connect my HTPC (Home Theater PC) to my Vizio 4k TV – I had no problems getting full 4k resolution out of it! I watched some 4k videos off of YouTube, and then played some video off of the PC via KODI (aka XBMC) – WOW – what a big difference over the 1080p I was used to! Everything was so real looking it was like looking out of a window into another world! Seriously, it looked like those TVs you see as demos at your local big-box retail stores!
It’s available on Amazon – here’s the link! Current pricing at the time of me writing this is $10.99 – less than most of the cheap HDMI cables you find at your local stores, with all the benefits of the high-dollar cables!
https://amzn.com/B01KZF7BLA
• HDMI supports high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable
• HDMI provides a digital audio and video interface between any source,such as a set-top box,DVD player,AV receiver and a digital televison(DTV)
• Premium construction: 28AWG/26AWG/24AWG Pure Copper Conductors, Triple Shielding and Gold-Plated Full Metal Jacket Connectors, which prevent external metal corrosion
• High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Bandwidth > 10.2Gbps; Support 3D and advanced color capabilities, which consists of the transmission of two separate 1080p images at the same time. Cables with 4K support these advanced video features.
• HDMI High-Speed 2.0, with Ethernet and unique shielding golden metal component inside and colorful metal case outside, HDMI Male to HDM Male and triple shielding. High-purity copper conductors.

◆ Supports 3D, Ethernet channel, ARC, 1440p, 1080p & 4K@50/60 (2160p) Ultra HD resolution
◆Supports transfer rates of at least 18Gbps & 240/480Hz increased refresh rates
◆ Supports 48-Bit deep color, HDCP compliant & True HD-Dolby 7.1
◆ Devices with standard HDMI ports, like an HDTV, Blu-Ray player, PS3,4. Xbox 360, Apple TV, Roku, Boxee, PC, Mac, stereo, monitor & projector,
◆ Installation Plug-&-play: Ready to use, once each end is connected to a compatible device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463