Do you find it necessary to use a screen protector?

Do you feel the need to use a screen protector?

• Total voters

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty rough on phones, especially at work, so I always use a screen protector. The last thing I want is to be looking at a scratch for the next year.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm really paranoid about scratching my screen so I have one on. The first one was put on at the Sprint store and I ended up peeling it half up at a party so I just took it off. The colors, feel of the screen, amount of back light needed all improved without a protector on so I keep thinking about just going naked. Plus all these videos I've seen of people scratching their Shift or other HTC phone with various things but not leaving an actual scratch settles my paranoia...but I can't get over it and leave the protector on.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use one because I don't want to risk scratching the screen, then I would have to either get a replacement screen, or phone. Whichever is easier.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I got a Zagg screen protector for mine since I'm often at risk of scratching. In my pocket with keys, thrown on the car seat, etc. At one point it was in my man-bag and got a minor scuff on the protector (maybe a rub-off from my inhalor) but it's no big bother, and the protector itself otherwise is fine after a month or so.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be unable to put a screen protector on smooth so the bubbles annoy me. Never had an issue with a scratched screen so I stopped using them by my 2nd android phone

Sent from my ATRIX

rhodiggah

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This should change your mind...

425776eb-d430-5939.jpg

View attachment 16963

from the "CRACKED" speedy EVO engine... Via Tapatalk!

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I put a screen protector on everything. On phones I have never really had to have it, I normally swap protectors because the smuges won't wipe off, over it being actually damaged.

I have a Kindle, and a Note Pro 12.2. The Kindle I read and watch netflix or HBO on, and normally it is at home. But somehow I have managed to scratch or cut that protector twice. But no damage to the screen what so ever. And when I had an iPhone 4, it fell out of my Jeep and was run over by 3 cars. Between the protector and the otter box the phone didn't have a scratch.

I will always use them, and just replace them when teh picture quality starts to suffer. I personally have not gone the route of tempered glass yet, though it seems impressive.

andrewsean7830

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
While most Apple fans like the sleek, slim design of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus without any embellishments, the thought of scratches, smudges and cracks make it worth adding extra protection. No one wants to look at a screen marred with scratches and fingerprints.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
All the tempered glass protectors I've tried crack way too easy. Replaced them a few times under lifetime warranty with the same result. Just putting the phone in a tight case cracks the edges. The plastic ones I really don't care for. Ive given up on screen protectors.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Like many people have eluded to in previous posts I think it depends on a combination of things including: how you treat/handle it, where you store it, if you've dropped, banged, and if you've broken things in the past.

If you toss it around (at your bed, on your desk/table, at a couch, on a car seat) you should probably use one.

If you store it in your pocket, bag, purse, etc its more likely to encounter dust, dirt, lint, and other objects (keys, coins, etc) then using one could reduce scratches.

If you use stylus (Notes, Zen tablets,etc) it could be good or bad. Having one reduce detection and precision, but it could prevent scratches caused by too much downward force during use.

Ove Engvik

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
My LG G5 goes in my front pocket. No need for a screen protector. But I feel I am lucky that it has not fallen to the ground yet though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX