SCOTTeVEST Hoodie Cotton Review

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Greetings, fellow hoodie fans. First and foremost, I want to say that I am definitely a hoodie wearer. I’ve been toting around the same Rusty hoodie for years now, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s summer, spring, fall or winter, there is always an appropriate time to wear one – and I live in Houston, Tx, the air conditioner capital of the world.

Welcome to SCOTTeVEST, and its line of tech-oriented hoodies. SCOTTeVEST is trying to create a place for itself in the hoodie world, offering a neatly designed, utility-type hoodie that will keep you looking fashionable, give you plenty of storage space, and keep you warm all at the same time. Their slogan is “expect more from your hoodie”, and they’ve certainly delivered. The Hoodie Cotton is a welcomed edition to the world of hoodies, and deserves a special place in your closet. I have been searching far and wide for quite some time to find a suitable replacement for my current hoodie, which has gotten me through many rough days, weather, and all sorts of life experiences - I take hoodies personally. You can’t just grab one off the shelf and expect it to have the quaint and comfortable feel that makes you say in your inner caveman voice “this mine. I wear this.” But, as soon as I took the Hoodie Cotton out of the box, I was pretty much in hoodie heaven. Interested yet?
thumb_IMG_3627_1024.jpg

The Look: The Hoodie Cotton is a bit unassuming, in that it looks like a regular hoodie, but under the hood it offers so much more. There are zippers galore, but it looks like a piece of casual clothing that anyone can wear – and should wear. The one that I received is the Ash color, but it comes in four colors: black, cobalt, ash, and maroon. The Hoodie Cotton also comes in seven different sizes, ranging from XS, all the way up to XXXL. From the front you can see the hand pockets, one on each side. The Hoodie Cotton also has the quintessential drawstrings hanging down, paired with a comfy and spacious hood – this is a big selling point with me. I hate getting a hoodie that doesn’t fit proportionally. Also, another feature built into the Hoodie Cotton is what I have dubbed “ninja sleeves.” The ninja sleeves are built into the cuffs on the hoodie and allow you to slide your thumb into them, which a) makes you look cool and b) gives some added warmth and utility to the sleeves.
thumb_IMG_3629_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3631_1024.jpg

The Feel: In the spirit of the times (“zeitgeist” for you lexicon enthusiasts…) the feels bro! The 80/20 Cotton and Polyester blend used to create this hoodie is fantastic! It’s durable, it’s water resistant - meaning that if there’s a little bit of rain out or a light sprinkle, you’ll be protected from getting soaked – and it’s comfortable. After wearing it and spending time with it, it has just enough density that it creates the warm and fuzzy feeling synonymous with quality, but it’s not so bulky or heavy that it feels uncomfortable, or inappropriate for moderate climates. One of the things I love the most about hoodies in general, is that they are kind of like a utility-type piece of clothing. You can wear them in the rain. You can wear them in the snow. You can wear them when it’s warm outside (because inevitably you’ll be going inside somewhere with A/C), and they’re perfect for the movies. SCOTTeVEST created a great hoodie, with the Hoodie Cotton, and I have thoroughly enjoyed wearing it.
thumb_IMG_3632_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3633_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3634_1024.jpg

Utility: Let's get down to the brass tacks. Of course we want a hoodie to look great, and we want it to feel great, but one of the added benefits of strapping on an extra layer of clothing is the ability to tote things around. As many of you have learned by now, I’m a dual-wielder, meaning I carry two phones at all times. Apparently the rest of the athletic world has moved on without me and I can’t find a decent pair of athletic cargo shorts to save my life, so moving phones, keys, wallet, etc… around in my pockets for optimal storage can be a bit annoying at times, which is one reason I love wearing a hoodie. Well, if that brief description sounds something like your own life struggles, welcome to 21 different pockets of storage fun and excitement. The Hoodie Cotton was not only made to be comfortable, but to be a full-on tank for carrying everything from your tablet, to your phone, a rechargeable battery pack, your passport, wallet, keys, a special pathway for wearing headphones/ear buds, a “do not disturb sign”, and even a spare card for your mom… all at the same time. I would say that you could even fit a kitchen sink in this thing, but it would just be too heavy to tote that thing around all day. I digress… The Hoodie Cotton has storage space for days. It has pockets on the inside, on the outside, and everywhere in between.
thumb_IMG_3635_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3636_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3637_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3639_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3646_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3659_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3661_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_3663_1024.jpg

Summary: All-in-all, SCOOTTeVEST did a fantastic job putting the Hoodie Cotton together. It meets all of the requirements that any normal hoodie wearing person would look for in a hoodie, and then it adds bells and whistles, and still looks cool. The appeal of the hoodie is even something that normal, not tech-oriented folks can appreciate as well. Who doesn’t want comfortability and extra storage space, without sacrificing style or comfort? In addition to the wear-ability, it really hammers down the basics for normal wear, it adds it’s own flair for the modern tech enthusiast, enabling you to carry all of your favorite electronics and tech gear with you, without having to make the tough decisions of whether you should leave your second phone, battery charger, or favorite water bottle at home.
thumb_IMG_3670_1024.jpg

Pros:
- It’s a hoodie. Can I say that? I love hoodies.
- It’s comfortable and not too heavy
- The material is top-notch, durable, and made to last
- It’s fashionable, and appealing to casual, and tech consumers
- The storage space! Where else in nature are you going to get 21 pockets?

Cons:
- Not always enjoyable when it’s 85+ degrees outside
- Carrying 21 items can be a bit cumbersome
- The price - $90 is a bit steep for any article of clothing
- Can’t try it on before you buy – sizing chart is pretty good though
- The “do not disturb” flap is really cool, but isn’t secured by anything so it gets in the way sometimes

If you’re interested in learning more about the Hoodie Cotton, or you’re just plain eager to pick one up, you can check out the Hoodie Cotton on SCOTTeVEST’s website at: http://www.scottevest.com. The Hoodie Cotton is regularly priced at $95.00, but with the coupon code: SUNSHINE, you can get 25% off right now, for a total purchase price of $71.25.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36