Acer C710-2055

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the new Acer chromebook?
Just interested in how much improvement it truly is...

new one has:
4gb of DDR3 Ram
Bigger (6 hour battery) (removable)
dual core intel celeron
320 gb hard drive

but im not if the new one (not sold on google) will have 100gb storage on Google drive?
thoughts?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Alright well I ordered it anyways and am currently typing this on it.

here are my thoughts
Screen, - Its not bad at all. The brightness is is very good. I have to turn it down indoors.
Sound, - Not very loud at all. Plus its on the front bottom, so when its on your lap its even quieter
Speed, - Very snappy, I dont see any lag, the 4gb of RAM is working well.
keyboard, - I dont like it very much. The keys are very shallow, and overall small. I have big hands. So its not my friend, but its not impossible either.
Trackpad, - I have heard complaints, But I havent had any issues at all. It works well and smooth. Its exactly like the Samsung Chromebook, the only thing that takes a minute to learn is that you have to put two fingers down and then click to execute a "right" click. And I turned up the speed of tracking for better usability.
Overall size, - I do think its 1" too small. I wish it was just slightly larger. I do love that it is compact and Light. But my eyes arent getting any younger
Chrome OS, - At first it felt boring, but the more you use it. The more you like it. You begin to appreciate the simplicity. and how google syncs everything.
Compatibility, - So far I havent had any issues. Everything I want is in the chrome store. Also google search voice commands work like a charm, and so does Hangouts video calling, And I love my rooted Nexus. It gives me internet where ever I go. I just wish they made a Chrome/android app that allowed me to text from the computer while its tethered to my phone. (airdroid doesnt work very well, and Hangouts is not SMS..... yet)
Battery, Very good. I was on it non stop and got 6 hours on it. And it completely charges in less then 2 hours. Even when I turn it off for a day and back on... its still at the same batery percentage

conclusion
I love this thing more and more. I am becoming use to the keyboard and overall size.
This is perfect for my needs. And will be great for school. (when I get a higher degree) Lightweight. Good battery, and very snappy, (all you need is a tethering device and your golden)
Im excited to see what google will add to the OS in the future.
If you are on the fence, Just be aware its small, and doesnt have "features" but its also not complicated. So if someone is computer challenged. This is perfect.
and if you are a student, Perfect. and if you want a computer to use as a media center, perfect (netflix, videos, pictures, etc) it hooks to the TV with an HDMI cable. and if you just want a fun computer to browse the web, then also perfect. Plus you just cannot beat the price.

Also another thing that helped me pull the trigger. I can always choose to run ubuntu (linux) on it, (with 350GB hard drive) and the battery and hard drive are both replaceable. This thing just got a way longer shelf life. Not to mention the unlimited updates from google. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

banesfist

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the sARMsung one for my go everywhere school computer. Unless you have to run powerhouse programs chromebooks are a good investment.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech