32GB R11 - storage available only 22.7GB?

diveganesh

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just got my new R11 with 32GB storage. Just powerwashed the device. However it says that I have only 22.7 GB free. Is this expected (those that have the 32GB version, do you see this as well)? I'm told the OS is about 4GB and I'm wondering what is consuming the rest of the storage.

Many thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's 7GB for things like Android (Android taking 4GB is an old standard), and the 32GB is unformatted space - formatting takes some space.

So yes, it's expected.

diveganesh

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
That's 7GB for things like Android (Android taking 4GB is an old standard), and the 32GB is unformatted space - formatting takes some space.

So yes, it's expected.

Many thanks for your reply. We're talking about Chrome OS here and not Android and if it's 7GB for the OS, I'm still short about 2 GB and formatting does not really account for that.

Also I note that in my profile it shows I'm using 2 ish GB...without really doing anything. Clearly there's some relation with the missing storage.

On a 16GB Chromebook, I read that you start off with about 9.7GB. I would expect that increasing the storage to 32GB goes not change the storage used by the OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol