Xfinity cloud dvr will not play on R14

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get my cloud dvr recordings to play on my R14 when using the browser (instead of app.) Works fine on Mac and Windows. It will show the list of recordings but gets hung up when I try to play one.

Anyone have experience with this?

PS - I have done a factory reset and am up to date with Chrome version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check for system updates -- there was recently a Flash update for Chrome, so I wonder if that might be part of the issue. To be honest, though, I'm not sure how much the Xfinity site depends on Flash.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Xfinity uses a Flash and html 5 combo as they are ultimately phasing out flash. I have found a work around - If I go in and clear the flash permission for Xfinity before entering the site, it will ask for permission. After that, you grant it and can view the cloud DVR service. The "trick" is that you must clear the permission each time in order for it to work. If you leave the permission in, cloud DVR will not play next time you log in. It makes no sense, but it works.

My mac will play with no problems, without having a permission granted for Xfinity to use Flash.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Instead of clearing permissions each time, what if you right click the "i" in a circle on the left of the URL bar, then block Flash there, and then allow it again? Still a hassle, but if it works, at least it's a little easier.