7" not ready for Prime Time.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an A100 a couple days ago at Walmart and loaded it up with all the same goodies that I have on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...

Here are some things I have noticed.

1. Kindle App force closes continuously.
2. IMDB the same
3. Movies (Flixter) the same.
4. Many of the programs do not have an "option" button since the 7" size seems to chop off the right portion of the screen where it would be.
5. Screen is OK. Panning between screens seems jittery, sometimes skipping 2 screens and sometimes not even skipping one.
6. Viewing angles are OK, but not stellar.
7. Netflix, although present on the market does not work.
8. Headphone jack intermittently spits sound out of the external speaker while headphones plugged in. Kind of embarassing at the office.
9. Many other apps need to be re-written to use the new HC screen size.

On the plus side... The size is PERFECT! and the sound is excellent using the built in Dolby processing.

However, as much as I wanted to like this little bugger, the cons far outweigh the pros right now.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I still love my Tab. I think I'm going to wait till ICS to buy another tablet. I like having data and text messaging. Thanks for the review. I was intrigued by this device.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's too bad. This was the tablet that interested me most, and the one I thought would lure me away from my nook Color.

=X=

Whoknowes

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I picked up an A100 a couple days ago at Walmart and loaded it up with all the same goodies that I have on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...

Here are some things I have noticed.

1. Kindle App force closes continuously.
2. IMDB the same
3. Movies (Flixter) the same.
4. Many of the programs do not have an "option" button since the 7" size seems to chop off the right portion of the screen where it would be.
5. Screen is OK. Panning between screens seems jittery, sometimes skipping 2 screens and sometimes not even skipping one.
6. Viewing angles are OK, but not stellar.
7. Netflix, although present on the market does not work.
8. Headphone jack intermittently spits sound out of the external speaker while headphones plugged in. Kind of embarassing at the office.
9. Many other apps need to be re-written to use the new HC screen size.

On the plus side... The size is PERFECT! and the sound is excellent using the built in Dolby processing.

However, as much as I wanted to like this little bugger, the cons far outweigh the pros right now.

Interesting.... did you buy the 8gb version or the 16gb?... Ive tried to order one from Amazon but they are only taking pre orders..... You realize the resolution is the same as other 7" tablets... its odd that your "hands on" seems to be a little different that most of the reviews I have read...
Hopefully the Samsung Galaxy tab (7" second edition) will be out soon, I have a Dell Streak 7", honestly, I'm really not all that impressed eitehr. resolution is low for a NEW tablet, software that every phone can run isnt even available for the Streak. Is anybody going to get it right ?

Whoknowes

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After having mine for about a month now, I have noticed most of the problems I had initially seem to now be fixed by either software updates and fixes or ME knowing what im doing now.... I have noticed some apps that were written for a 10.1 inch tablet do seem to not quite fit on the screen but its really only one app that I use for weather, actually a widget.... screen brightness set all the way to high seems to fix a lot of the viewing angle problems I first noticed. the Facebook app basicly what I have on my phone seems to work fine even if it doesnt allow for zooming which I think would be a nice thing to have. the only thing I even care to mention is the keyboard seems to be a little tight for certain keystrokes... either shift and the minimize keyboard or return and delete on the opposite side. all MINOR in my opinion... I can see where soem people would want to have the 10.1 inch screen size but for me the 7" seem to be really handy big enough to use and small enough to be portable.....

jhodnettejr

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Facebook contact synch? Upload/email videos? Wtf...my old palm pre+ was flawless in these regards....ugh...I want to love this device!

*edit: GPS has gotten much better, obviously I've established a good cache of locations for the GPS to start with.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781