ICS Update Rolling out Now!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Check your Update Screen people. People on the AcerTabletForums.com are posting that the update has hit them, and have shown a screen shot with different numbers then the Leak. Now Ill have to see this being officially posted so I can update to the right version since I have the leaked version installed.

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Also, If someone gets this notification, Please post the downloaded File online so that us people that installed the leaked version, can manually flash the update. Since we wont be getting the update IM going to assume.

orangeagent

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing in North Carolina...I gotta small update (14MB) a couple days ago and I can't find anything out about it online. Does anyone here know anything about that one?

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone seen an update.zip file? I keep hearing that people are getting this update, but other than some screenshots nothing has been proven definitive. In most cases the forums where people are saying they have it, they're brand new members. Call me skeptical if you must, but I've seen time and time again where people claim to have a new OS only to find out that they just monkeyed with the build version.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I normally frequent AcerTabletForums.com a lot. And just recently, a member posted a screen shot of the update notification from his tablet by Acer. And it shows the file name for the zip file. And tells him to download it. So its definitely rolling out. I keep suggesting them that if they get a notification, to download the update first. Then save the Zip file on their PC so that it can be uploaded and we can manually flash it. Sometimes people are to quick and dont take the time to do that first for us.

Cause Im on the leaked ICS. And for some reason, I dont believe Ill get a notification for the file if Acer checks your Android Version. If they do, It will show Im on 4.0.3 so it might not push out to me. Still not sure about it, but I dont know what there system checks for. So Im hoping someone uploads the Zip file so I can just flash it.

BostonDan2

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Call me suspicious, but I think we are being punked and the only release out there is an unofficial prerelease. I called Acer support yesterday and they stated they have not yet scheduled the official release.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No Sir.

489d1329146162-a200-new-ota-update-ics-img_20120212_202456.jpg

That looks pretty official to me.

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm downloading the update now as we speak (hallellujah), I'm going to try and get the zip file off the device before it installs. We'll see how well this goes.

Update: I can't find the file anywhere. I've looked through every directory on the internal memory and it's definitely not there. Not sure where the heck it is, but I'm not appearing to be successful at finding it. Sorry y'all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton