Can't copy to clipboard in Browser

Gothula

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Running built-in browser and keyboard.
Android 4.0.3

I cannot copy text in the browser any more. Other applications (Jota text, Gmail) can copy and paste fine, and the browser can accept the Paste command with text from the other applications. When in the Browser, I can select the text that I want to copy just fine, but when I hit 'copy' in the menu that appears at the top of the screen, it just flashes and deselects the text - the little 'text copied to clipboard' message does not appear. If I try to Paste what I tried to copy from the Browser, it pastes whatever was still in the clipboard from another application.

I have cleared the browser's cache and history, turned my tablet off and on again, and even double-checked that I didn't auto-update anything.

If possible, I'd like to fix this without rooting my device.

Gothula

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Got advice elsewhere. Deleted Browser app, installed Dolphin browser.

Judging from the search results I got for this, the clipboard freeze happens to the standard browser in Android often.

layd999

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Was the advice on another online forum? This one seems to be useless. I have had hundred of reads on my post but not a single reply. I see that other posts have thousands of reads with very few responses.

Hey people; if the subject of the post is of interest, why do you have nothing to say? Just knowing that the problem is common may be of some help, leading to a warranty claim or other action.