Update 3.1???

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU... THANK YOU.... worked like a charm. I still haven't figured out what is so updated about 3.1 Outwardly (on the A500 anyway not sure on other tabs) it seems the same. The ONLY thing I see display wise is the network icon has an arrow that runs vertical inside the icon and looks like it is stretching the bar strength? to show it is giving you a better signal? Hard to describe unless you see it.

Hope you all get the update soon.. then maybe you can tell me what you notice is updated. In the mean time I'll do some reading to find out.

gtrmn01

Glad it worked!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Got a maintenance update but no 3.1. Maybe it will eventually come

Same here Maintenance Build this am.. In another forum it was noted that the 3.1 update will roll out depending on "serial number priority".. No idea what that means..

Could be by ascending or descending.. Or by other prioritized variable..

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Watching the 3.1 update roll out on XDA it looks like many people eastern part of the US and Canada are getting it today. But not everyone is declaring their locations so it is hard to tell if it is being distributed by geographically...

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
OK, Central FL, USA on the east coast, just got the update: 4.010.08 (122.70MB)

DL and tried to install but got error message about it being invalid....
Just rebooted and DL again. Will post results in a few...

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
DL a second time, unzipping of file, system reboot into recovery/install mode, another reboot, message Please wait for the APK to be pre-installed, Acer registration again, Android V3.1 Yeah!

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
confused here. I am reading the thread and am trying to figure out if we are getting Honeycomb or just a maintenance update. I am in the process of ordering an Acer and would like to start it off with 3.1.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
confused here. I am reading the thread and am trying to figure out if we are getting Honeycomb or just a maintenance update. I am in the process of ordering an Acer and would like to start it off with 3.1.

The Iconia OS is Honeycomb. 3.01
We are waiting on 3.1 update, which should be released any day now.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
axwhipmaker: it looks like both. Some people are receiving the maintenance update before they receive 3.1, but 3.1 is definitely currently rolling out.

Southern California here, haven't received 3.1 or the maintenance update yet. I'll be checking every night, I'll report back when I get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463