Hey guys,

Im going crazy over here..

I've never done anything but installed regular apps to my Iconia like games, notes, social apps, etc..

No root, or CWM (dont even know what that is) but Ive been reading a lot of these. the wpa_ file for ad hoc networks its on my bin folder.

My problem is, I get the UPDATES AVAILABLE, I download it but then nothing happens, no other notification shows or install now, I download it 4 times already and nothing.

Is there a way to reboot (no factory reset) the iconia? I tried turning it off but no luck..

what can I do? wait?

Thanks in advance guys
    07-07-2011 09:53 AM
    Hey guys,

Im going crazy over here..

I've never done anything but installed regular apps to my Iconia like games, notes, social apps, etc..

No root, or CWM (dont even know what that is) but Ive been reading a lot of these. the wpa_ file for ad hoc networks its on my bin folder.

My problem is, I get the UPDATES AVAILABLE, I download it but then nothing happens, no other notification shows or install now, I download it 4 times already and nothing.

Is there a way to reboot (no factory reset) the iconia? I tried turning it off but no luck..

what can I do? wait?

Thanks in advance guys
    If you are turning the tablet completely off, then that is what is normally considered a reboot.
    You may have to do a factory reset. Back up your apps and other info you have stored, as you will lose it.
    calan likes this.
    07-07-2011 10:57 AM
    If you are turning the tablet completely off, then that is what is normally considered a reboot.
    You may have to do a factory reset. Back up your apps and other info you have stored, as you will lose it.
    what app should I use to back up my info?
    07-07-2011 11:01 AM
    I believe you can sync it to your Google account to back up. I have not done this myself. I only had a handful of apps, so I just re-downloaded them after the reset.
    07-07-2011 11:12 AM
    Don't mess with the WPA_Supplicant file that is there...it is needed for WiFi connections. What you've been reading about is when folks replace the original with a modded version to allow ad-hoc connections. You must be rooted to do this, so this will not apply to you.

I've read that some stock tablets will not update unless the SD card is removed. Don't know why, but give it a try. If you are forced to perform a factory reset you will lose ALL installed apps, so make a list or do a backup so you can restore after the update. Factory reset is under Settings | Privacy. I'd use that as a last resort.

Good luck,

Bob
    07-07-2011 11:20 AM
    what app should I use to back up my info?
    Download appbrain from the market to backup your apps on a stock iconia. Back up your apps before doing a factory reset.

Don't have te 3.1 update here in the midwest yet, so can't help out on install problems at this point.
    07-07-2011 03:17 PM
    Hmm, I'm in Minnesota and updated my A500 yesterday. Rooted again, too.

I've not had luck using AppBrain to back up my apps. It seems to keep a listing of currently installed apps, but that is all. I've used TitaniumBackup, but you'd need root to use that. I'm sure there are other backup apps in the Market that do not need root. You'll just have to search and find one you like that does the trick.

I haven't had any issues since the update, but I wasn't experiencing any before, either.

Good luck,

Bob
    calan likes this.
    07-07-2011 03:56 PM