07-31-2011 12:47 PM
36 12
tools
    Still waiting for Staples to refresh their stock. In the meantime, can't decide which tab to get.
    07-24-2011 11:15 PM
    Two things for everyone thinking of price matching at Best Buy instead of going to Staples:

1. Even if Staples doesn't have it in the store, you can still use the coupon and have them order it.

They'll even ship it to your house! And the delivery was 2 (business) days!
    (This is what I did and mine just arrived!)

2. Staples does tax AFTER the discount, Best Buy does it BEFORE the discount.

So, if you live in an area where tax is 8.25% (as an example), here's what you'd pay after discount/tax:

STAPLES: $431.91
    BEST BUY: $440.16

That's almost a $10 difference!
    Others are taking in the coupon and getting it delivered to the local store.
    07-25-2011 02:44 PM
    Others are taking in the coupon and getting it delivered to the local store.
    My son ordered his at Staples on Saturday and they are delivering it to the house at no extra cost.
    07-25-2011 09:35 PM
    After a few days of fiasco, my recommendation is Office Max. They matched with no issues. 1 Office Depot did with no issues, but only had 1 in stock. Sent us (was with 2 other people getting them) to another Office Depot. They didn't want to match b/c Staples was out of stock, but did since other store sent us. Best Buy refused outright at 2 stores (and rudely at that). NFM doesn't price match coupons, but said the manager would work with us (assuming free accessories, but didn't waste the time). Office Max matched it with no fuss at all, all they had to do was fill out a price match form that they send to corporate (which means a few minutes of waiting, about the same as it takes them to get it from lockup). Staples sent us all over town (one store sent us to one on the other side of KC - 42 miles), but eventually got a Streak there (the others were Acers).

For those looking for a shorter version of that - screw BB, OD, staples, NFM, etc. just go to Office Max.
    07-26-2011 04:19 PM
    Just bought mine today at Office Max. The display still said 449.00 but in the computer it was 399.00 and they honored the coupon without any issues. Ended up being 325.00 with tax!
    Anybody interested in a cheep galaxy seven inch tab

I actually went to get the 10 galaxy tab but this was such a good deal. I really don't know much about the Acer! Hoping I will love it!
    07-29-2011 03:41 PM
    I ended up driving an hour to pick one of these up. I rooted it and got Netflix working and turned off the phone service for better battery. The only thing I do not like is how difficult it is to get movies to play. Other than that, it is a wonderful tablet for $299. I am hoping the quality lasts.
    07-29-2011 10:42 PM
    I ended up driving an hour to pick one of these up. I rooted it and got Netflix working and turned off the phone service for better battery. The only thing I do not like is how difficult it is to get movies to play. Other than that, it is a wonderful tablet for $299. I am hoping the quality lasts.
    What is difficult? Getting movies to play through Netflix, or getting movie files to play through the video player? And what quality are you talking about? As in, the whole tablets quality, or screen itself?
    07-29-2011 11:16 PM
    Sales ends today, 7/30/11! Go to Staples with your coupon if you have not yet. Ask to have it shipped to the store.
    07-30-2011 12:27 AM
    Sales ends today, 7/30/11! Go to Staples with your coupon if you have not yet. Ask to have it shipped to the store.
    I got my Acer Iconia Tab A500 last week with the Staples $100 off coupon and I love it. Excellent hardware, and the Honeycomb Android OS works really well. I highly recommend you go to Staples and check out their tablets and use this offer if you are considering getting a tablet. If they are out
    of stock (most likely) just have them order it with the coupon and have it shipped to the store or your home at no extra cost. I did this and got my Iconia the next day at home.
    07-30-2011 10:03 AM
    FYI

Vernon, CT and Enfield, CT both have one Iconia each in stock. If anyone in the area is interested, you still have time.

Also, even if they don't have it in stock, you can order through the store to be delivered and still use the $100 off coupon.

Good luck!
    07-30-2011 07:35 PM
    Ran around like crazy trying to find 3 in stock yesterday, grabbed an open box for an additional 10% off at the local staples but the next towns over were all out. The website said a Staples an hour away had some in stock, but when we called to confirm before taking the drive they also said they were out.

So we called up the Local BestBuy and asked them if they would price match the coupon pointing to the fact (per the website) that Staples had them in stock an hour away, but saying we preferred to buy local and they said YES they would do it! When we arrived we had no problems getting them.

Having had both an iPad and a PlayBook before I have to say I am very happy with the Iconia so far.
    07-31-2011 12:47 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD