Acer Iconia 10-inch Android tablet for $299.98 @ Staples

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Saw this on Slickdeals this morning and jumped on it. Been debating the Iconia or Transformer but my local staples doesn't carry the transformer so grabbed the Iconia.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just take the coupon to BestBuy then. I called Best Buy, and they said just bring the coupon and proof of Staples in store price before the coupon and they will price match!

Apollo3T

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm heading to the Staples near me as soon as it opens. My backup options are price-matching at Office Depot. This is a great deal and I've been looking at getting a HC tablet for awhile now.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I would like to point out that the people I ran into at Best Buy are morons. They wouldn't match for the Transformer b/c not stocked by Staples. Fair enough. But the Iconia they wouldn't match either because while stocked st Staples at the connecting store they were out of stock except for the display and then BB claimed it had to be in stock within 1 mile of the BB. What a crock. 3 Staples stores had Iconia in stock I had to go find one of them. Best Buy and their nerd squad are a bunch of hacks. I had $150 in random crap I put back and they lost the tablet sale and I will NEVER go back to Best Buy. I hate them so much for this silliness I would buy an Apple iPad before I would go buy a bar of candy at the Best Buy. :mad:

By the way I am really liking the Iconia A500 the first thing it did was update to 3.1. Running very well so far.

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by a Staples on the way home yesterday to find all of their tablets being sold out. The Staples sales person stated that because of the "$100 tablet coupon" they've sold out all of their tablets in stock. When I asked if he could check any nearby stores for an Acer, he said he already did and that no stores in the Seattle area had them (then nearest that had one was in Portland). That morning he sold 36 tablets when the store opened when several Microsoft employees rushed in to use their $100 coupons.

The rep also told me that Staples is losing $70 per tablet sold and the coupon offer was being treated as a "Black Friday"deal. Luckily, what he could do for me was to order it online (with the $100 coupon discount) and have it shipped to my house at no extra cost. I decided to go that route, and it arrived by UPS today!

Normally, I wouldn't see a need for a tablet (especially at the $400-$600 price range), and if I did "need" one I would get an Apple iPad2. But at the $300 price it was too tempting.

Here's a my mini review in case someone is considering buying it:

After playing with one at the Staples store I was impressed with the quality of the high-res screen and the fit-n-finish of the case. The Acer isn't as thick as a lot of online reviews have stated. Sure, it might be thicker than the iPad, but it's still pretty thin to me. It's also not that heavy, so don't let the thinness and weight keep you from considering it. Just check one out for yourself. The Honeycomb Android OS seemed to run fine on the Acer tablet, and was switching screens and apps was very fast.

What's nice is that it has a real USB port so you can connect a keyboard or other USB device for use with the Acer. You can also output HDMI video, and it has an SD card slot for expanded storage. WiFi and GPS rounds out the package. I'm currently downloading the OS update, so I haven't had time to play around with it very much.

So if you're considering getting a tablet you might check them out at your local Staples store with the option of ordering one at the store to use the $100 coupon (coupon only works in the store, no home online orders).

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
For the money this was a great buy. Get your Staples coupon and get one of these if you haven't. It Linpack clocked higher than the Asus Transformer in my tests in the store, it upgraded to 3.1 immediately when I got home, and has been very good to get to know so far. I don't see how you get HC 3.1 on a fast dual core Tablet cheaper. I added a 32GB micro sd for lots of storage and rooted and got Netflix running. I wanted the transformer but with no coupon and the extra $150 for the keyboard made me look at my beautiful laptop and think why am I doing this I am getting a tablet not a netbook/laptop so in that case the Iconia made more sense for me.

Skype native install does not recognize cameras. I am getting so tired of all of the Skype issues across devices and networks there's always something you can't do. It makes Skype calls fine which is pretty cool since we can at least place calls from the device if we need to but without video...

Also, the feel of a 10 inch tablet is a little weird. My 7" Galaxy is easier to handle. I ordered a rooCase we'll see how that works out.

:-$

Last edited:

Apollo3T

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Staples was sold out so I got mine price matched at Office Depot. You should have seen the manager's face haha. Loving my tab so far.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the price match today at Office Depot. Apparently they've sent out corporate policy specifically about this coupon, and they'll only match it on the Acer and the Playbook.

BTW, if you're in Athens, GA, I got the last one. Sorry :p

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Staples was actually pushing the coupon :) and I am loving it so far

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz