Wi-Fi issues right out of the box

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My Tab is brand new from Staples bought yesterday. After unpacking and charging, wi-fi won't connect to my Verizon DSL wireless router. The Tab has v3.0.1 software.

I've read about plenty of wi-fi issues with the 3.1 upgrade, but, are there know issues with v 3.0.1 software.

I am looking for suggestions and help. Thanks

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My Tab is brand new from Staples bought yesterday. After unpacking and charging, wi-fi won't connect to my Verizon DSL wireless router. The Tab has v3.0.1 software.

I've read about plenty of wi-fi issues with the 3.1 upgrade, but, are there know issues with v 3.0.1 software.

First make sure the WiFi is in the on position on your tablet. Sounds dumb, but sometimes you miss the little things.
You should also do a factory reset before you go any further. Even if you manage to get your WiFi working, the reset will help your tablet run smoother. After you do your reset, make sure you are somewhat close to your wireless router when you first try to connect.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Interesting, I never had any issues before I upgraded to 3.1 (which now seems to be fixed with the latest ota patch...)

Start with changing your network to open just to see if you can connect...
Also is your ssid broadcast or hidden? I thought I read somewhere people having issues with hidding their ssid...

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
First make sure the WiFi is in the on position on your tablet. Sounds dumb, but sometimes you miss the little things.
You should also do a factory reset before you go any further. Even if you manage to get your WiFi working, the reset will help your tablet run smoother. After you do your reset, make sure you are somewhat close to your wireless router when you first try to connect.

Excellent tip about the factory reset before you start loading up on apps. Runs much smoother after the reset...

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Wi-Fi is on.

I've done the paper clip reset numerous times. Is this the Factory Reset Procedure?

I thought I would try using a static IP for the Tab. But, I need to know how\ where to put the static IP
into the tab. Then, maybe I could manually download and install the latest upgrade to v 3.1 and the recent wi-fi fix patch from Acer.

Do you think this would work?

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
First do the factory data reset. It should be found in your settings menu. The paperclip method is a soft reset.

Ok thanks. I'll try that when In get home from work today and will post the results.

Just in case.....does anyone know how to set a static IP address into the tab?

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. I'll try that when In get home from work today and will post the results.

Just in case.....does anyone know how to set a static IP address into the tab?

Problem solved.

I tried the Factory Reset from the settings menu. It took a few minutes to reset and reboot. A s soon as I went to the Wi-Fi settings, it found my router, got great signal strength, and was asked for my password. It then connected immediately.

I then went to settings, and looked for any updates. It found the latest update, so I downloaded and installed OS v3.1. It took about 1 hour to complete the download and installation. My tab works great now. I could not be more pleased with it.

Many thanks to all on this forum and elsewhere who contributed their suggestions and advice.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved.

I tried the Factory Reset from the settings menu. It took a few minutes to reset and reboot. A s soon as I went to the Wi-Fi settings, it found my router, got great signal strength, and was asked for my password. It then connected immediately.

I then went to settings, and looked for any updates. It found the latest update, so I downloaded and installed OS v3.1. It took about 1 hour to complete the download and installation. My tab works great now. I could not be more pleased with it.

Many thanks to all on this forum and elsewhere who contributed their suggestions and advice.
Excellent and glad we could help ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member