Netflix working on stock iconia 3.1 with root

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D648570%26d%3D1310086702&rct=j&q=iconiaroot%201.3&ei=T9AoTvKgFYni0QG9wLjaCg&usg=AFQjCNGhFOCht3Z2XdywTr3zgV7pj6Qktg

I use iconiaroot1.3 link above from xda. Gingerbreak didn't work for me cause I am on 3.1 not 3.0.1
There is no trick but I think you need to have an SD card in and maybe lock it in portrait mode but I think that step wasn't necessary. Anyhow, install the .apk and click root.

Last edited:

rcmolski

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I'm just glad to be able to provide some guidance. I don't have the skills to do any modding, but at least I can help people get a jump on the learning curve.

I have version 1.2 installed, but downloaded 1.3 while grabbing the link. I'm sure it works the same.

Bob

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, need a bit of help here. I was easily able to root my A500 following the directions here. Now, how do I get to, and move files around on the thing to get NetFlix working? I can see the libnvomx.so file using file manager HD, but moving and adding the new file is beyond me.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, need a bit of help here. I was easily able to root my A500 following the directions here. Now, how do I get to, and move files around on the thing to get NetFlix working? I can see the libnvomx.so file using file manager HD, but moving and adding the new file is beyond me.
Here are specific steps - Hopefully this sums it up - I take no credit for any of the work done to do this but here is what I did to get Netflix to work just fine on Iconia A500 tablet with HC 3.1:
1. Gain root access using Iconia root (1.3 for HC 3.1 for me I suspect for you as well make sure you use the right one)
2. Install a decent rated root file explorer like ES
3. Download the apk from this page:
Link
load to your SD card and then use ES to find and then install the nextflix apk
4. Use root access and then change setting in ES to allow read write in / and /system. Then use ES to rename libnvomx.so in /system/root to libnvomx.bak
5. Copy the file from within the zip on the above page to your sd card and then to the /system/root folder using ES by navigating and selecting it then copy and then navigate to /system/root paste
6. Restart device
7. Run and enjoy Netflix

Last edited:

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
All has gone as planned, except that I can't rename the file to .bat
The tab is rooted, so I don't know what the problem is.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
All has gone as planned, except that I can't rename the file to .bat
The tab is rooted, so I don't know what the problem is.
Root, then check the settings in ES and make sure that you have write access to root (Mount /root as writable something like that check the box). When you can rename the file to .bak you know you have it right and can then copy the new file.

Reactions: trgilman

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Root, then check the settings in ES and make sure that you have write access to root (Mount /root as writable something like that check the box). When you can rename the file to .bak you know you have it right and can then copy the new file.

That did the trick. Thank you. I now have NetFlix!

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with netflix running installed the latest system update 7/27/11 and then tested netflix?

Last edited:

bass3769

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i have run netflix but since update my browser has been crashing. don't know whats causing it, espicially on siriusxm website to listen online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm