A500 Home Screens and Screen Shots

briancarrie05

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I didn't see anything like this on here so I thought I would ask just to get some new ideas. I don't know if any of you are like me, but I am constantly changing my Home Screen on my A500 to find some new design that I like. I was wondering if some of you could share some screen shots of some of your home screens? I use a free version of Screen Shot It from the market to capture my screen shots. Here is my current Home Screen.

briancarrie05

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
brian, that screen looks awesome... can you share details of the setup?

Well its a combination of using both ADWLauncher and Desktop Visualizer from the Android Market. I also ended up downloading the DVRImageCrop addon for Desktop Visualizer which cost me around $3.

In The adwlauncher settings, i set my icon column and row size to 9x4. I would have done 8x4 except that I needed to add that App Drawer Icon you see in the center of the bottom row. The default ADWLauncher setting will include a dock bar on the right side of your screen which contains the app drawer but I think the dock looks weird and is too thin to be very functional, so I get rid of it and use a bigger icon instead.

Once you get your size set up, you can start putting in your icons using the desktop visualizer widgets. The reason I bought the DVRImageCrop addon is because I was able to go out and search for my own images to use as icons and DVRImageCrop works with Desktop Visualizer to crop the images to the size you need for your icon and make them look good in the space you want to use them in. For example, since I wanted to go with mostly and android them for my icons, I would search terms such as "Android Camera", or "Android Facebook" or "Android Youtube" Once I found and image that I liked and would work, I would save it to my tablet. Then just use desktop visualizer to crop it and set it.

All in all, you just need to play around with it and figure out what settings you like. I learned it from someone on the xda boards and all though he posted an icon pack that he used with his, I didn't really care for them and just went out and found my own. Also, my weather widgets is from Beautiful Widgets on the market also.

Hope this helps,

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So no screenshot workarounds for non rooted phones? I just happen to take a look at an Asus Transformer tablet and under screen setting it had an option for screen shot on/off by pressing and holding the key to the right of the back button. So honeycomb supports it, acer just chose not to add it.

Last edited:

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So no screenshot workarounds for non rooted phones? I just happen to take a look at an Asus Transformer tablet and under screen setting it had an option for screen shot on/off by pressing and holding the key to the right of the back button. So honeycomb supports it, acer just chose not to add it.

correct, you need root to take screenshots on the Acer. You could try an app called Screenshot It...it claims to work on un-rooted devices.