Office for android.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I just ordered the 32gb version from newegg.com. So now I'm looking for a good version of office for the tablet and possibly my inspire.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about this as well. I was debating going for the full version of Davitz To Go, that worked pretty well with my BB.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, so last night I was reminded by a DataViz (Docs To Go) email that their sale ends Sept. 2. I Googled every review I could find and the top two were DTG and Quick Office. Each had their respective quirks, but each had it own set of fans. Carrying through with formatting seemed to be favored on DTG but the negative (and this was not a serious one) was that it was less intuitive than Quick Office. Ultimately, I decided on DTG and purchased it last night. I figured I could adapt to the intuitive thing (ultimately, if you use the program, you will learn its quirks) so the formatting issue became the driving force. There were a few complaints about QuicknOffice not working as well with Drop Box as well, and since I use that, I decided on DTG.

So far, I like it but have not had a great deal of time to play with it. If you want to get it for half off, you'd better hurry, sale ends tomorrow!

romylam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have that too and got it long time ago when it was cheap, now its 20 bucks. :)

I am also contemplating QuickOffice over DTG since it has integration with Dropbox. How do you find QuickOffice afterall ? Was the formatting issue serious enough to have me reconsider ?

By the way, I am currently trying out OfficeSuite Pro v5, the only office suite that has a 30 day trial version on Honeycomb I can find. So far so good, but my only complaint is that running Powerpoint slideshow it does not support gestures. That means you cannot just swipe from left to right or vice versa to change slide. You have to tap on the screen, and a left-right arrow button appear, then tap again on the button to move one slide forward or backward. This kinda kills the deal for me. Other than this anomaly, the rest seems to be fine. So far, I don't encounter any major formatting issues yet. Maybe my documents are not complicated enough ?

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I am also contemplating QuickOffice over DTG since it has integration with Dropbox. How do you find QuickOffice afterall ? Was the formatting issue serious enough to have me reconsider ?

By the way, I am currently trying out OfficeSuite Pro v5, the only office suite that has a 30 day trial version on Honeycomb I can find. So far so good, but my only complaint is that running Powerpoint slideshow it does not support gestures. That means you cannot just swipe from left to right or vice versa to change slide. You have to tap on the screen, and a left-right arrow button appear, then tap again on the button to move one slide forward or backward. This kinda kills the deal for me. Other than this anomaly, the rest seems to be fine. So far, I don't encounter any major formatting issues yet. Maybe my documents are not complicated enough ?[/QUOTE

I have limited practice with it but was rather easily able to upload a spreadsheet to Drop Box last night. I will be doing some Power Point with it over the weekend.

baddog992

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work without being rooted because need to delete the other version that came with the tablet. Refunds are being issued if you bought.

rockhunter

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep amazon did issue a refund. However they did state items bought on the market don't normally qualify.
You might try out OliveOfficePremium I have used the word processing function a few times and it has been working ok. I Don't have any experiance yet with the presentation or spreadsheet functions so far but it is free so a try out is painless.

rockhunter

brandon

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Doc to Go is my vote. I have used it since the early palm days and it does keep getting better as time goes on. I use it every week for viewing PPTs in my classroom.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas how to get it to install over the version that came with the iconia?

My Iconia didn't come with it pre-installed...but you shouldn't have to install it over top or delete anything because all it should be is the full license that gives your free version full access. I may be wrong but that doesn't seem right.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Although my Iconia had the basic version pre-installed (the license agreement popped up automatically as soon as I tried to open a Word document) I have a sneaky suspicion that when I purchased the license "key" I was actually downloading the full version. There were no special tricks involved, but then, I bought it through the market and my device is not rooted. $7.99 is a heck of a deal!