3.2 update?

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we get it by midnight :)
Zzzzzzzzzz

Yesterday, when I logged in I had an update notification. I was distracted at the moment though and a few minutes later when I had a chance to look, it was mysteriously gone. I hopped over here to see if something happened, but sadly.....nada, zip, nothing....grrr.

romylam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It was a very frustrating experience here in Singapore. I first received the system update last night before midnight. It downloaded, failed and redownload a second time. When I initiate the update, it started unzipping for a while then says that the update is invalid.

I keep getting the system update notification today, and actually tried to download again. It failed for a couple of times, and when finally downloaded successfully, again it says invalid update.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ??????

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
It was a very frustrating experience here in Singapore. I first received the system update last night before midnight. It downloaded, failed and redownload a second time. When I initiate the update, it started unzipping for a while then says that the update is invalid.

I keep getting the system update notification today, and actually tried to download again. It failed for a couple of times, and when finally downloaded successfully, again it says invalid update.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ??????

Are you rooted?

If (if) you are rooted or you are running anything other than stock recovery (Clockwork) - you will get that type of error..

You have to restore stock recovery if you are running CWM, unroot, then reboot the tablet before the update will install.

Be aware that 3.2 is unrooted and there are NO exploits that are currently working to root this build..

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Perhaps it's been released in Canada and not in other parts of the world yet or something? I booted up to the update notification yesterday and it installed without a hitch.

romylam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't rooted, never was.

Funny thing is, this morning I got the notification again, downloaded successfully in one go, and viola ! The upgrade went through ! I am now running Honeycomb 3.2.

No clue what went wrong and how it gotten right. This is Acer I guess.

I am happy now.

Are you rooted?

If (if) you are rooted or you are running anything other than stock recovery (Clockwork) - you will get that type of error..

You have to restore stock recovery if you are running CWM, unroot, then reboot the tablet before the update will install.

Be aware that 3.2 is unrooted and there are NO exploits that are currently working to root this build..

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
So is it out or not? I check for updates and mine says its up to date and I'm running 3.1. shame we cant download it it directly from Acer.

Blueydwlf

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here yet. I hope it adresses wifi signal strength. I can be sitting in the same room as my router and not have full signal strength???? Whats that about lol

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, one thing I've noticed so far is that my wifi disconnection policy apparently was changed to Never, as opposed to my old preference of Never While Plugged In. I wonder if they've improved battery performance with wifi on, or if this was just a glitch....

Also, there's an icon in the tray now indicating an SD card is inserted. Kind of a nice touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge