Looking for feedback on this tablet

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I love this tab...I havent had any issues with mine.

Its the same as every other one out, its cheap and has all the ports you could want!

baddog992

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought this because it was cheaper then the Asus transformer no need to buy a full sized keyboard because this tablet comes with a full size USB port. The price I paid for this was $300.00. I own a Asus netbook, I like the Asus brand but the transformer was too expensive. However the transformer prob has the better LCD screen. I do like the back of the Acer tablet, metal gives a strong feel.

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. It is affordable and just as powerful as the more popular Android tablets. what the transformer had over it is the full size sd slot and removable battery though that isn't a huge difference. I'm not sure about how much they differ in weight though.

Edit: The build quality is very nice with the Iconia. It's very solid.

Reactions: waylandk

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It was a real toss up for me between the transformer and the Iconia. I got such a deal on the Acer my decision was made. I love it and can't see where the Asus would be any better.:D

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Specs wise there isn't much difference. The transformer just has more ports and a removable battery. It's all down to personal preference at this point.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. It is affordable and just as powerful as the more popular Android tablets. what the transformer had over it is the full size sd slot and removable battery though that isn't a huge difference. I'm not sure about how much they differ in weight though.

Edit: The build quality is very nice with the Iconia. It's very solid.

More popular tablets? Just an FYI The Iconia a500 has sold more than any other android tablet out right now aside from the ipad/ipad2, I don't even think acer expected to sell as many iconias as it has.

It really is a great tablet with plenty of functionality and all the ports you need especially the full size USB. The Asus transformer is the only other tablet I like because although it lacks ports it does have an IPS screen, the keyboard dock is a gimmick addon that cost an arm and a leg.

I use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse along with a multiple USB port adaptor expanding my single usb port into 4 ports, a 1TB external HDD works perfect with my tablet for storing anything I want.

Lets see the Asus support a 1TB external HDD.

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Everything works as expected. Only problem I have is the week wifi signal I get. It works but its slow when I get away from a certain range.
The only thing I can like this over the Asus transformer is the usb port on the side. Many times I used it to load a movie at my niece. Other than that, its hardly ever used but it nice to have as convenience.
My case makes it hard for me to remove my microSD card, so the usb port on the side helps when I want to load something on it without downloading.
Its also heavy but I dont usually hold it, the case props it up on the desk or I have it on my lap.

Overall, it was a great purchase and was worth it over the Transformer at $299. Acer has been good with updating their software.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Posts like the OP's always puzzle me. A quick search here will show a 100 different questions exactly the same with appropriate responses. Your answer hits the mail on the head. Case closed!

More popular tablets? Just an FYI The Iconia a500 has sold more than any other android tablet out right now aside from the ipad/ipad2, I don't even think acer expected to sell as many iconias as it has.

It really is a great tablet with plenty of functionality and all the ports you need especially the full size USB. The Asus transformer is the only other tablet I like because although it lacks ports it does have an IPS screen, the keyboard dock is a gimmick addon that cost an arm and a leg.

I use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse along with a multiple USB port adaptor expanding my single usb port into 4 ports, a 1TB external HDD works perfect with my tablet for storing anything I want.

Lets see the Asus support a 1TB external HDD.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had my A500 for about 4 months now. I am less than impressed. Mostly by how bad honeycomb is. The keyboard is so laggggy its almost useless at times. A lot of app activity covers up the notifications. Sometimes the A500 will not wake from sleep. Battery life is poor compared to other tablets.

I feel like I'm running Windows 3.0 on an i7.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had my A500 for about 4 months now. I am less than impressed. Mostly by how bad honeycomb is. The keyboard is so laggggy its almost useless at times. A lot of app activity covers up the notifications. Sometimes the A500 will not wake from sleep. Battery life is poor compared to other tablets.

I feel like I'm running Windows 3.0 on an i7.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Looks like you got a "lemon". I would have taken it back.

troll711

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
with everything there are pros and cons. i enjoy the a500 havent had any issues minus a wifi glitch 1 time but a reset fixed that really quick. the only thing i would have liked better is a longer power cord and that sliding epad that the transformer has is nice. but all in all nice tablet