I have had problems with the NOOK app since day 1. It won't bookmark properly, always returning me to 15 - 20 pages behind the bookmark. Both Acer and B&N have been no help (Acer had me spend 45 minutes trying to uninstall the app before finally saying "oh, you can't uninstall a preinstallation app"sheesh.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall without rooting?
    09-28-2011 04:17 PM
    no there is no way to uninstall a system app without rooting.

you wont get OTA updates either if you remove system apps.
    EnergyPlus likes this.
    09-28-2011 09:11 PM
    That's weird, my Iconia didn't come with the Nook app. I had to download it from the market.
    09-29-2011 07:43 AM
    Thanks all...Acer finally got around to answering an email and instructed me to clear the content of Nook and then redownload it. That seems to have worked.....for now. Axoid, I have seen similar situations with other devices. It depends on which build you have. Yours was probably earlier, before Nook came along and had it preinstalled. Personally, I wish that had been the case with me! I hate not being able to remove something, especially when all I want to do is fix it.

Currently, I am annoyed with the locked bookmarks in my browser for sites I don't use.this far though, I am preferring the stock browser over Mini-Opera or Dolphin. It just appears to work much faster. Oh well!
    10-02-2011 10:33 AM
    Are you sure about those locked bookmarks they should be removable

Sent from my ICONIA
    11-10-2011 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD