December Update

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my update in Austin, TX! Does anyone know if we are getting ICS? I know HTC is going to update my EVO 3D. It would be nice to have the same OS/version on my phone and tablet. Androind devices united, finally!

Update: The new Market app is way better! Now it looks like the Market app on my phone! Another win for Android!

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update in Austin, TX! Does anyone know if we are getting ICS? I know HTC is going to update my EVO 3D. It would be nice to have the same OS/version on my phone and tablet. Androind devices united, finally!

Update: The new Market app is way better! Now it looks like the Market app on my phone! Another win for Android!

Yes we are I made a post about it. We are getting ics in January

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

waylandk

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
the only thing i can tell right of the bat is speed. All screens come up faster and web pages load faster. Near instant loading of Apps. :)

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this morning. Haven't noticed anything different but am on the road as usual and haven't tried my home wifi yet. I have a five years old router and it definitely is not working as well as I'd like. I if anyone has a recommendation for a decent router that won't break the bank, I'm looking.

itsdorian

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I got two updates as well. The market is newer. Also, the market would not work when tab was connected to the hotspot on my galaxy II tmobile phone. (never had that issue on evo). Seems to work now though.

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine rolled in tonight (12/20).

This is a small update which brings the new market version (music purchases).

Mine was actually two back to back updates.
See this post. The first was sort of normal the second had big scary "Don't Touch it" warnings.

I had a few minutes use in between the updates where I found mic volume much improved, but then when the second one come thru, it was back to crapy again.

And no, the Dolphin browser is no better than the stock browser.

Any of you folks having WIFI problems in the past may want to try this version.
Tethering to Ad-Hoc mode routers? Anyone test this yet?

I see very little change in this version, which is Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM _GEN2 Android 3.2.1
This version started rolling out a month and a half ago in Australia.
For the first time ever, my A500 will run off my native tethering (ad hoc from Nexus S)!!!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
For the first time ever, my A500 will run off my native tethering (ad hoc from Nexus S)!!!

Seriously?

I had no idea the Nexus S was ONLY an ad-hoc router. Are you positive?

My Nexus One has been full infrastructure router since Day One, and I've never found anything I couldn't wifi tether to it.

rabinnh

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: December Update - ruined my experience

I was completely happy with my A500, but after the update it seems that Webkit has deteriorated. so allow its painful to browse, whether using the stock browser or Maxthon. Force closes all the time, even the bookmarks widget stops displaying and i have to shutdown and restart. Before the update, it was all good.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I was completely happy with my A500, but after the update it seems that Webkit has deteriorated. so allow its painful to browse, whether using the stock browser or Maxthon. Force closes all the time, even the bookmarks widget stops displaying and i have to shutdown and restart. Before the update, it was all good.

Settings- Applications- browser, Clear cache, then clear data and you are good to go. There is nothing wrong with the stock browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae