Does anybody have this case?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I got mine from Costco with this case also. It's ok, but I hate cases in general and this one was no different. The way it holds the tablet allows it to slide down a bit which causes the front camera to not be aligned with the hole. Not a big deal but just one of those annoyances that comes with using a case. I prefer to use a stand to hold my tablet while using a keyboard and mouse. Otherwise I like my tablet bare. I did do a lot of shopping around for cases and stands and wasn't impressed with the case selections. Good thing I don't like them...

Reactions: apisit69

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm seriously looking for some kind of protection cause I cracked the back of it on accident. I had to send it in. If that's the case if rather get something else

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought that case the day after Thanksgiving. I also have the Targus case that I bought in July with the tablet. The Targus is better for sitting on a table as it allows for more variation of position, however it is much heavier and bulkier. The Acer is the case I use the most. It is especially better if you want to hold the tablet in your hands. As someone else said, it does have a tendency to slide down and partially block the front camera, but you can easily slide it back up. However, what hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread is that it also covers the microphone which is located at the top center where the screen meets the bezel. I cut out a section to expose the microphone. Of course, that is right where the velcro tab to hold the cover closed is/was located. I got some small velcro tabs at Wal-Mart and put one right above each upper corner of the screen.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't buy that case it's junk! Get the nice leather/felt case/stand at Best Buy. It's about the same price if not cheaper and it's a heck of a lot better!

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya its not that good of a case...but it came included with the 8gb A500 I bought online so I can't really complain. I can't believe they charge $40 for it though.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah i paid $40 and its ok from keeping it from getting scratched and the stand position is pretty nice but doesnt really protect it...

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The case came with mine also I don't like it much it also has a funny smell to it. I purchased a leather one off of ebay that I like much better it does make the unit a little bulky but I still like it alot. Here is the link to the seller. Yes its only $11

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Mine doesnt smell...actually wondering what your doing to have it that close to your face that you can actually smell it...lol

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the $10 Sheath Portfolio cover on Amazon.com, and it is awesome. It is very sturdy with quality construction. I think I'll be using it for a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss