ICS update on my A500 this morning

keithcooper

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Downloading ICS here in South Carolina. Looks to be about a 390+mb download. Slightly slow, but probably a lots of downloads in progress on the servers. Will update the list after my install.

evancomer

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I got the notice for the update but wanted to factory reset first. Once i booted back up im on 3.2.1 still and it says im up to date. Did i mess something up?

kameleon

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the update on my a500 and rebooted like it prompted me. Been sitting on the Acer screen for about 30 minutes so far. Should I wait longer or try something else?

mweekly

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have no problem with acer screen maybe shutdown and then back on. Update is awesome super fast and now can use Google chrome :) I did not have any install it update problems , no acer ring here :(How do make screen shots any idea anybody ?

wfninpa

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in PA. Have a GEN2 A500 and nothing yet. I keep checking System Update and it still tells me it's up to date. I'm going to try repeatedly shutting down and powering up to see if the update process starts downloading.

Do they stagger the roll-outs by groups of serial numbers or something? I'm assuming they must as not to overload their servers.

Anyone else get the update yet?

emmanuelmac

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm in PA. Have a GEN2 A500 and nothing yet. I keep checking System Update and it still tells me it's up to date. I'm going to try repeatedly shutting down and powering up to see if the update process starts downloading.

Do they stagger the roll-outs by groups of serial numbers or something? I'm assuming they must as not to overload their servers.

Anyone else get the update yet?

If you go to Download and download Application (Iconia Tab Update Enhancement), You should be able to update.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well my download went pretty quick on 1 of my acres but the other one is still running. Download spend a lot different sitting here side by side

wfninpa

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
emmanuelmac is correct. I have been waiting and waiting and trying and nothing. Downloaded the Acer Iconia Tab Update Enhancement .apk from the Acer website and installed it. I then went to About tablet->System update->check now and I immediately got prompted to download the ICS update.

Downloading it now.

Thanks for the tip!