Folders adding up

iors

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm getting sick and tired of the way my a500 handles folders from flash drives, USB external hard drives, etc.

Every time I plug lets say a USB flash drive, the gallery is updated with every picture, video, or mp3 file it finds in it. But when i remove it the gallery stills shows all the folders as if the flash drive were still mounted. But if you try to access any of the files in those folders it gives me a message saying that file is corrupted.

And if I try to create a playlist it shows the names of thousands of songs from every device I've ever used. But there are only like 50 stored on my tablet.

How can get rid of all those old "files" and "folders"? and most of all, how can i make my tablet store all that info every single time.

Thank you, and hopefully you could help out.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have all the videos I have installed and a few jpgs from other apps. I have a flash drive with 30 or 40 MP4s and those folders are not there.

I try not to install to internal memory. I directly install to the SD card or the USB stick. I think the videos are there from using the native video player. I bought MX Video Player and it just picks up the USB stick. Books, videos and music are all on the external SD. I also have no bought movies or MP3s. Most of the videos are ripped from NFL games I recorded on the DVD recorder OTA or downloaded science programs from Youtube. The music is copies of CDs I own. I haven't bought any nor do I subscribe to any service. Most of the books are either out of copyright, or creative commons.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm getting sick and tired of the way my a500 handles folders from flash drives, USB external hard drives, etc.

Every time I plug lets say a USB flash drive, the gallery is updated with every picture, video, or mp3 file it finds in it. But when i remove it the gallery stills shows all the folders as if the flash drive were still mounted. But if you try to access any of the files in those folders it gives me a message saying that file is corrupted.

If you start plugging and unplugging usb drives too fast the tablet gets confused.
If you plug it in, and let it fully scan the media, it will build thumbnails.
If you unplug it, and got out of the Gallery, it will purge these thumb nails. But it takes a little time, because it does it in the background.
It won't purge the thumbnails is you are sitting in that directory viewing them in the gallery.
It abandons the purge if you quickly plug in a new thumb drive.
So give it time.

If you reboot, it will do a media scan, and the thumb nails should be gone. Again this takes time.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same problem, its annoying, especially with Picasso, as there are pics I dont want accessible on my tablet,

There is definitely something broken in Picasa, because there seems to be no way to get rid of it if you even ONCE use it.
In accounts and settings, you can turn off picasa sync (Google photos they call it now) but it seems you can never get rid of the thumbnails.

This is a new bug in ICS, because you used to be able to uncheck Sync for photos and they would bo away.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon