Can't Flash Bootloader

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So I've been trying to install a custom recovery on my a500 so I can get some sweet ROM action, but it hasn't been going very smoothly. I do have 4.0.3, rooted.

First, I tried to flash twrp via the GOO-manager, but that didn't work. It said it downloaded and installed, but it never rebooted. When I tried to boot into recovery myself, it just showed the dead android with the red exclamation point. So I guess I borked the stock recovery.

Then I tried to flash CWM, via the Play Store app (can't recall the name), and that one says I need the ICS Bootloader, which I guess is why trying to flash twrp without it borked my stock recovery.

So now I'm trying to flash the ICS bootloader, but I can't get past the Acer APX Mode step. I tried both the Afterota program and the Blackthund3r program, and at some point each one requires the device to be booted into APX Mode. My tablet goes into APX mode no problem (green Acer logo, "Acer Iconia A500 APX Mode" in the top left), but then nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

jlchavis0844

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Your bootloader is completely borked. This happened to mae and I had to take it all the way back to completely stock honeycomb, reinstall, ect to get the correct bootloader.

scottsdca

May 26, 2010
Visit site
How did you take it back to stock honeycomb? I am in the same boat as the OP. I rooted and got flashed roms when I first got this tablet but the screen went out right before the warranty ended and so I sent it in. It came back upgraded to ics. I currently have it rooted but can't figure out what to do next. Any help? I need easy instructions :) Thanks.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Try the stock method of reset via pin or the other method to attempt to restore it to stock. It may take several attempts.

If that does not work, try to drain the battery completely dead & leave it dead for a day, then Recharge it fully without turning it on

Be sure the light shows it is really completely charged up and let it stay on the charger.

Then attempt the reset again,

Hope that may help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463